• Status
    Not open for further replies.

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    I am not an employee of Jones Tactical, nor did I receive any compensation for this review. The comments are my own personal opinion of this product.
    Jones Tactical is a small company in Georgia that hand makes belts and other custom tactical gear. The website states that if you need something specific to give them a call.
    EDCCobra.jpg

I have seen a couple of threads on this forum about belts and asking questions and everyone has their own opinion of what belt they like. My reasons for choosing this belt are as follows;
    1. I love the Cobra Buckle, very secure and easy to use.
    2. The size is perfect for any use of a normal belt or an inner belt for a war belt.
    3. The color options were a deciding factor for me.

It seems that the major point on any duty/tactical belt is how stiff it is. This belt is very rigid and holds its shape very well. I’ve had it for about 6 months now and it’s pretty much formed to my body but has not lost any of the structural integrity. When I leave it on my pants it holds the top of my pants open. You can just jump right in them if you are pressed for time.
    JTLogo.jpg

In some cases stiff belts are just that, stiff and uncomfortable. While I was a Military Police officer at Atterbury we had the 2 inch black duty belts. These things were very uncomfortable in how they ride on your hips, how they move getting in and out of a vehicle. Not the Jones belt, I can wear it all day and not even notice that I have a tactical belt on.

The construction of the belt is top notch and stitching at stress points is over done for security and durability.

The Cobra Buckle is easy to use and there are no possibilities of a pinch like on some large plastic buckles. Just slide it in until it clicks and it’s good to go. To release, just press on the two tabs and it opens right up. I’m a larger guy with a bit of a gut and I’ve never opened it sitting down or moving around while seated.
    octnovmixed076.jpg

octnovmixed079.jpg

octnovmixed080.jpg

This belt will also adjust for a large range of sizes. I can wear it as an everyday belt, or adjust it out with the hook and pile adjustment for over garment/cold weather gear wear. This is a huge factor for someone that may want to run this belt inside a war belt or set it up as a standalone war belt. If you are thinking of this option Jones makes a couple of different models that would be better suited for this.

SizeAdjustment.jpg

octnovmixed068.jpg

One thing this belt does lack is any pile material on the inside, if I order another belt I will have this put in. I know that a lot of belt pouches have hook and pile applications so they fasten to the inside of the belt as well as around it, Surfire Flash light pouches, and Blackhawk drop leg rigs are just a couple of examples of belt attachments that employ this method.

Pros:
    1. Made in the USA.
    2. Great customer service.
    3. Speedy shipping and work
    4. Awesome construction.
    5. The Cobra buckle is top notch and easy to use.
    Cons:
    1. Wish I could give this belt a con, it’s that good. I only mentioned one problem in my review above, lack of pile on the inside of the belt. This belt is not designed for that application, but he has a couple that do have it in a larger size.

http://www.jonestactical.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7&Itemid=9

Contact Information:
    Atlanta
    GA
    U.S.A.

info@jonestactical.com
    (404) 939-2611

Again I do not work for Jones Tactical nor have I been given anything for this review.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom