• Status
    Not open for further replies.

solarborn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Hello everyone! I'm a 59 year old new gun owner and gun rights convert! I served in the Air Force from 1975 to 1981 but had never personally owned a firearm until now. I just purchased a Glock 22 gen 3 (new of course). It wasn't my first choice but The gen 4 Glock 19 is so hard to find these days. I'm signed up for the NRA basic pistol course and yes I'm a new member in the NRA too! All this talk of "bans" inspired me to re-examine the debate and this is the result. I'm solid in the gun rights camp but go easy on me on other issues of religion and politics please!;) I'm also new to forums in general. I'm still not comfortable with all the gadgets and features. I'll try to be a quick learner though.:D

s&wluvr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    LaPorte/Michigan City area
    Welcome from the Michigan City area. You picked a great forum to join. There is a ton of information available here, but be prepared to spend some time on here browsing. I'm sure that you will enjoy it and learn much. Welcome, again, and good luck.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Welcome and hello from the SW part of the state! My story is very similar to yours. I turn 55 is a couple of months and never owned a gun until a few months ago. I was never in the service (Thank you for yours!!) You might want to consider getting your LTCH (License to Carry Handgun). For no other reason than it's just easier to get it to the range with one. Figure on a 3-4 month wait, though. Good luck!!

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Good on you

welcomeingo.gif
    Welcome and you picked a great place to start with the gun forums. It can get heated around here but it's the internet not real life. Take everything with a grain of salt.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom