• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Indycar:v1.1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Not close enuf to the track
    For years I was "Indycar" here at INGO. Now I am "Indycar:v1.1" Thanks to hackers taking over my Yahoo mail account and Yahoo suspending it, I had to start a new email account. Since I couldn't access my old email, (I kept my Ingo p/w in a saved email file) I could sign in and change my email address on Ingo. So after contacting VUPD and discussing it, I started a new account.

What's worse is after having the same email for 15+ years, it's a ***** to try and find all the email accounts of contacts that I've had for years.

I should have started a new email account a year ago. I have had the email address since I got AT&T as my ISP years ago. When I upgraded to ATT Uverse from DSL a couple of years ago, I was able to keep the same email and everything was cool. About 6 months ago, someone hacked my email and was sending spam from it. I tried to change my password and Yahoo and ATT websites wouldn't let me. It seems that the email addy's from ATT DSL customers get their passwords locked if it transfers to Uverse. I've contacted Yahoo and ATT and no one could help.

A couple of weeks ago Yahoo suspended the email account due to all the spam being spewed from it. Somewhere I was able to find a signon log and there were log on's from several South American countries (where I have never been in my life) that corresponded with weird emails that had bounced and showed up on my inbox.

So beware and change your p/w often. Now if I could only get INGO to transfer my old posts to this account!!!!!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I use and recommend Lastpass (https://lastpass.com/index.php) It's an online password manager that integrates with your web browser. Unencrypted passwords are never stored on Lastpass's server, so they don't have access to them, and the encrypted database is kept synchronized amongst your browsers, so you can even access your passwords when you are offline. It'll even fill your logins in automatically so you don't have to remember them. You just have to remember a master password that gets you into the database. It's free, although there is a premium version available for a minimal fee that has some additional features.

One nice feature is that it has a password generator that you can use to create hard-to-crack passwords. I use a different password on every website, with no duplicates. I would never store my passwords in an online e-mail account. That's just asking for it.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    For years I was "Indycar" here at INGO. Now I am "Indycar:v1.1" Thanks to hackers taking over my Yahoo mail account and Yahoo suspending it, I had to start a new email account. Since I couldn't access my old email, (I kept my Ingo p/w in a saved email file) I could sign in and change my email address on Ingo. So after contacting VUPD and discussing it, I started a new account.

What's worse is after having the same email for 15+ years, it's a ***** to try and find all the email accounts of contacts that I've had for years.

I should have started a new email account a year ago. I have had the email address since I got AT&T as my ISP years ago. When I upgraded to ATT Uverse from DSL a couple of years ago, I was able to keep the same email and everything was cool. About 6 months ago, someone hacked my email and was sending spam from it. I tried to change my password and Yahoo and ATT websites wouldn't let me. It seems that the email addy's from ATT DSL customers get their passwords locked if it transfers to Uverse. I've contacted Yahoo and ATT and no one could help.

A couple of weeks ago Yahoo suspended the email account due to all the spam being spewed from it. Somewhere I was able to find a signon log and there were log on's from several South American countries (where I have never been in my life) that corresponded with weird emails that had bounced and showed up on my inbox.

So beware and change your p/w often. Now if I could only get INGO to transfer my old posts to this account!!!!!

Great 1st post, 49 more to go :D. (Sorry, I just could not resist!)

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Welcome to the forum! Don't mind that guy. For every one of him, there are many more who are helpful. Stick around and maybe you'll learn something. :D

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Same thing happened to me Indycar. I was with AT&T also. I now use a few different e-mail accounts through gmail. (and I don't don't my real name anymore).

However that didn't stop me from accessing my INGO account. I just logged in and changed to my new e-mail.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom