Not open for further replies.

InPsychOut

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    United States
    Hello, all!

Excited to be a part of this community. I joined right before I bought my first handgun last week, a Bersa BP9CC. I have been hunting waterfowl for several years with a few friends, and I own two long guns: a Stoeger model 2000 semiautomatic 12 gauge and a CVA Electra 50 cal muzzleloader. Nothing expensive in my gun cabinet yet.

I have been fascinated with weapons of all types for years, and I have enjoyed shooting since I first started, but I don't have a ton of experiene with either. I am really looking forward to being in a community with so many knowledgeable people. Right now, with my first handgun, concealed carry is a topic I'm interested in learning more about.

I am married with two young kids (a 2-year-old daughter and 10-month-old son), and my wife, despite being raised in a rural, gun-friendly household/community, is not a big fan of guns. So educating her about the topic of safe gun ownership is also a current interest of mine. She falls into the camp of "if people didn't have guns, there wouldn't be any gun accidents." She is accepting, if not particularly supportive, of my interest in guns, but she maintains a degree of disapproving distance from the subject.

I'm also a licensed clinical psychologist in Indiana, as is my wife.

Thanks for reading, and please feel free to contact me for any reason.

Rick

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Welcome from Indy. You're found a great resource and community here.

My first handgun was also Bersa, but the Thunder 9 UC. Since then I've expanded the collection to 5 firearms total, including 2 rifles. I'm itching to expand even more.

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    From Sullivan Co., welcome to INGO, Rick.

I cna relate to your situation as it goes with your wife's feelings. My wife is very supportive, but really is not on board with every thing I may believe. But that's okay. Only real item that we are pretty far apart on is concealed carry. She is not a proponent, while I am very comfortable with it and regularly do.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Howdy and welcome. I gave my daughter a gun to protect herself from her ex and untrustworthy husband. Having been in the Marines she is familiar with guns but there is a comfort knowing you have at least a chance of using a force equalizer if needed.

hoostalbrian

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    Allen County
    Welcome aboard.

~ Brian

Hello, all!

Excited to be a part of this community. I joined right before I bought my first handgun last week, a Bersa BP9CC. I have been hunting waterfowl for several years with a few friends, and I own two long guns: a Stoeger model 2000 semiautomatic 12 gauge and a CVA Electra 50 cal muzzleloader. Nothing expensive in my gun cabinet yet.

I have been fascinated with weapons of all types for years, and I have enjoyed shooting since I first started, but I don't have a ton of experiene with either. I am really looking forward to being in a community with so many knowledgeable people. Right now, with my first handgun, concealed carry is a topic I'm interested in learning more about.

I am married with two young kids (a 2-year-old daughter and 10-month-old son), and my wife, despite being raised in a rural, gun-friendly household/community, is not a big fan of guns. So educating her about the topic of safe gun ownership is also a current interest of mine. She falls into the camp of "if people didn't have guns, there wouldn't be any gun accidents." She is accepting, if not particularly supportive, of my interest in guns, but she maintains a degree of disapproving distance from the subject.

I'm also a licensed clinical psychologist in Indiana, as is my wife.

Thanks for reading, and please feel free to contact me for any reason.

Rick

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom