• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Daggy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2014
    South Bend
    Hi all,I just got my LTCH yesterday, and now starting the process of shopping for the best value. I've been checking the forum's list of gun shops. Too bad that none of them is in my neck of the woods.The license itself is, uh, underwhelming. I would be willing to pay another $20 to have it printed on a plastic card like the driver's license. Well, at least I got it in a little over two months.Anyway, glad to be here.D

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Welcome to INGO. I kinda wished the printed the LTCH on a plastic card too. My friend lives in Tennessee and that's how they do it down there. Looks like a drivers license.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Welcome to the Forum from Mishawaka! If it's gun stores you looking for, Midwest Guns in is Mishawaka (and Elkhart, with range), ZX Guns in Goshen or Granger Guns.

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Welcome to INGO.

A couple more shops to stop by on your search:

Titus Firearms (Elkhart)
    Rocket Guns (Goshen)
    Kodiak Range (South Bend) -- not always that many purchase options, but a pretty decent rental selection and they allow you to switch between rentals during your range time, IIRC.

Enjoy your time checking out your options and don't be shy about throwing up a request to share some range time with folks in order to get some hands-on experience with some of your potential picks.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Welcome from Mishawaka.

Another to add to your list is a little shop next to where Midwest used to be on Lincolnway. Indiana Defensive Firearms is the name. They mostly sell online but they have some good deals sometimes.

While you're shopping for a gun, get some training while you're at it. Kodiak has some very good classes and does Titus Firearms.

MDave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 1, 2009
    Welcome! Definitely take some time and look around. Find the people and places you are comfortable with and talk a lot, look a lot read a lot! It won't take long to find something you like.

Span24

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 19, 2013
    North Central
    :welcome: to your new addiction!

While you are looking, stop by 'Shoot To Thrill' on East Lincoln in Goshen. They have somewhere in the neighborhood of thirty modern pistols you can rent for a few bucks to shoot till you find one you like. The friendly, knowledgeable staff there will assist you in finding the one that's right for YOU, not just what is popular or 'looks like it will fit you'. I wish I had been able to do that when I first tried to pick a carry-pistol for me! Would have saved me some $$$.

They also offer LOADS of terrific training classes from basic shooting to advanced tactical classes.

BTW: If you go there ask them for a free $10 off range fee coupon!!

Good Luck!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom