• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mtinner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2014
    somewhere in ohio
    Been hanging around here for a few days and just reading a few threads.
    I'm just now getting interested in 22 revolvers. I have a couple of 22 rifles and wanted to try some revolver shooting. I'm going to a gun show in Dayton next week and I'm planning on buying my first revolver. I've got $500.00 to spend and wondering if I could get some opinions on what would be my best purchase. Mostly just want a quality gun, but using it mostly for plinking. Any opinions?

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Welcome from Hobart in Lake County. 22 pistols and rifles are nice to have, but the supply of .22 ammo is hit and miss at this time.

poberly

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 25, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Welcome to the forum. When I was learning to shoot, one of the .22 handguns my 4H club had was a S&W 617. I had a lot of time with it because everyone wanted to use the semis and the spot was often left open. It's a very nice firearm

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Welcome! You can surely get a more than quality gun for that money. And you may know, but as stated the ammo is hard to come by right now at least for a decent price.

Mosineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    :welcome: aboard!! Glad you found :ingo:!! Look at the Ruger Single Six. Get the Convertible model and it comes with a .22 LR and .22 mag cylinders. The mag ammo is actually easier to come by right now. Good Luck!!

hoostalbrian

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    Allen County
    Welcome aboard.

~ Brian

Been hanging around here for a few days and just reading a few threads.
    I'm just now getting interested in 22 revolvers. I have a couple of 22 rifles and wanted to try some revolver shooting. I'm going to a gun show in Dayton next week and I'm planning on buying my first revolver. I've got $500.00 to spend and wondering if I could get some opinions on what would be my best purchase. Mostly just want a quality gun, but using it mostly for plinking. Any opinions?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom