• Status
    Not open for further replies.

prescut

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    United States
    First time I have signed up after watching the site for awhile. I wanted to PM on several issues I thought were better done personally and got halted. Free expression isn't so free anymore. So who is this newbie swab hanging out.
    Odessa Permian High School, NMMI, USC, USS Coral Sea carrier, LA County Attorney's Office, Great Falls Police, Law Enforcement Academy, Montana Supreme Court, Ohio Supreme Court, North Dakota Supreme Court, Arizona Supreme Court, and lots of others in Justice System. Taught emergency room techniques, developed software architecture for giant medical systems, and founded animal software company. I'm a qualified ship's captain, guitarist/luthier, coin grader, and survivorman. Also a very proud papa.
    My son just got out of Advanced Training with the Navy. He entered boot camp last year at 37 with a two year age waiver and received the Honor Grad award. He finished first at computer security training with a 99.25%. He shot Expert which is no surprise. We have a common hobby, guns; that keeps us sharing and constantly talking.
    I'm still mourning a friend and fellow gunner, Det. John Hobbs, who was gunned down march 3 in Phoenix while serving a felony arrest warrant.

stay safe,
    Lost

prescut

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    United States
    thanks biscuit,
    always nice to yak with like minded folks. it seems like there are a lot of down home shooters on here. I can't say I like the mods much. my first contact on my first day was a flame. not much of a welcome. There was false witness that I was spamming. My replies were too brief, I guess. Sometimes they are brief. Got a hard nosed threat about my behaviour. If you've only got a hammer, the whole world looks like a nail.
    I'm on a dozen boards now and i have found many friends and folks to share knowledge and experience with. I donate to all the good causes and I think I'm a good moderator myself. I evaluate boards for editorial reviews. I'm still considering whether to bypass this site, but the real folks are so enticing.

Lost

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Welcome to INGO! Yeah, LOTS of people here that try to make a quick run to the classifieds to buy or sell something so the mods are pretty strict about one liners under 50 posts. You can chime in after 50 quality posts with shorter posts without worrying about them being deleted, but you are still encouraged to elaborate. If everyone just chimed in with posts like "yeah, me too. I hate that." without elaborating or offering their take, This would be a pretty sucky place.

This is a message board first that just happens to offer a classifieds section, not the other way around. People like to get to know who they are dealing with in the classifieds. Under those circumstances, you are MUCH less likely to get shanked/shot by a buyer than you would say, on craigslist as they are "known" by folks here.

Have fun!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    thanks biscuit,
    always nice to yak with like minded folks. it seems like there are a lot of down home shooters on here. I can't say I like the mods much. my first contact on my first day was a flame. not much of a welcome. There was false witness that I was spamming. My replies were too brief, I guess. Sometimes they are brief. Got a hard nosed threat about my behaviour. If you've only got a hammer, the whole world looks like a nail.
    I'm on a dozen boards now and i have found many friends and folks to share knowledge and experience with. I donate to all the good causes and I think I'm a good moderator myself. I evaluate boards for editorial reviews. I'm still considering whether to bypass this site, but the real folks are so enticing.

Lost

Stay.
    You'll find the 50 post rule is for a reason.
    A LOT of people have been spamming or just posting crap to get to the classifieds.

And with over 30k members, we do have some characters.
    So just remember, stuff here doesn't affect real life.
    But there's some good advice, and good people here.

If you've been in the navy, you should be able to put up with us.

ET2 (nuke) SS.

prescut

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    United States
    hey cameramonkey and actaeon,
    thanks for the welcome and the kind words of encouragement. I am on several boards that require a number of posts and of different kinds to acquire full membership. That seems reasonable to keep the riff raff out. By the time somebody hits 50, they have usually shown their colors for all to see. I don't usually use complete sentences. Those are rare online. Most of my team harass me, but admit that when I use nouns and verbs I can write reasonably well. I really like good writing, but I love good communications. I can definitely say I am more into the process and less into the content. Words are often used to disguise what is really happening. On the net, so much of what we do seems so anonymous. I like to think I'm a good team guy with an attitude of whatever I say could be on the front page tomorrow. I got that from a Judge mentor. Kept me out of trouble several times. It is hard though when brevity is traded for BS. I will try and be a good contributing member.

lost

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    hey cameramonkey and actaeon,
    thanks for the welcome and the kind words of encouragement. I am on several boards that require a number of posts and of different kinds to acquire full membership. That seems reasonable to keep the riff raff out. By the time somebody hits 50, they have usually shown their colors for all to see. I don't usually use complete sentences. Those are rare online. Most of my team harass me, but admit that when I use nouns and verbs I can write reasonably well. I really like good writing, but I love good communications. I can definitely say I am more into the process and less into the content. Words are often used to disguise what is really happening. On the net, so much of what we do seems so anonymous. I like to think I'm a good team guy with an attitude of whatever I say could be on the front page tomorrow. I got that from a Judge mentor. Kept me out of trouble several times. It is hard though when brevity is traded for BS. I will try and be a good contributing member.

lost

Well, you're almost over 50 now.
    Go a little over in case some get shaved.
    Then you can one line or just :popcorn:

There are some threads where you post pics of pistols, rifles, ARs, etc. That could get you some.
    Maybe add description to make the mods happy.
    Stay here a while, and you'll see some of the races to the classifieds.
    Sometimes its funny, sometimes sad.
    If I see someone trying, I try to give them a heads up on the reason, and point the FAQs out.

But some people post "1", "2", etc.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Welcome Prescut. I have already enjoyed the post that you have already posted including your admiration for Ruger firearms. Your great disposition and chracter seem to be easly picked up in your post. You will be a great addition to INGO and I look forward to learning from your post. Thank you to you and your son for your service.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Welcome!

Been out to the Midland / Odessa area several times for some Oil and Gas work, including the Permian Basin oil show. Enjoyed the CAF museum out there, but never got to the Presidential Library.

prescut

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    United States
    Gluemanz, thanks much for the characterization. I hope I can meet your expectations and try to keep that positive thing flowing. I have really enjoyed reading so many of the threads and the responses today. I think I went thru a couple of hundred. I had some time and I got kind of hooked. It happens to me regularly when I'm on a new topic.
    Jblomenberg - thanks for recognizing that Odessa Midland connection. I usually follow up that location id with "But no really, I'm a nice guy anyway"

Lost

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Gluemanz, thanks much for the characterization. I hope I can meet your expectations and try to keep that positive thing flowing. I have really enjoyed reading so many of the threads and the responses today. I think I went thru a couple of hundred. I had some time and I got kind of hooked. It happens to me regularly when I'm on a new topic.
    Jblomenberg - thanks for recognizing that Odessa Midland connection. I usually follow up that location id with "But no really, I'm a nice guy anyway"

Lost

LOL...won't hold it against ya!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom