• Status
    Not open for further replies.

warrumr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2014
    Beech Grove
    I was referee to this website by my brother (I dont know his username) but im looking fot maybe suggestions or any general information. First off im looking into getting a FNS-9mm for my concealed carry. Im 6'2 and right around 200lbs would you consider that a good fit fot some on of my stature and height or would you suggest maybe a couple different weapons to look at? Any and all suggestions would be great. Thanks to everyone. Oh and I shoot left handed.

Last edited:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Welcome to INGO. Please know introductory threads only remain open for 24-hours. Your question is pretty broad and I'm sure the membership will provide PLENTY of feedback to you. That said, you may want to start a thread here to ask your question, if you continue to have questions on the subject.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Well first, Welcome to INGO. As to your question, your physical stature as it is has little to do with what gun you can carry. At your size, nearly any handgun can be reasonably carried. Probably as important if not more important is the style of carry you choose and then fitting the proper holster to the gun and to you. Don't limit yourself right out of the box on gun selection based solely on your size. There are petite woman that carry a full size 1911.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Welcome to INGO, warrumr. As noted above, the FNS-9 certainly *can* work, but you really need to understand what your needs are, how it fits your hand, and how well it shoots for you. You really need some general firearms training (either formal or informal) and then get hands-on with some guns before selecting and laying out the money. Selecting a gun, like selecting a car or shoes, is a very personal decision and what works for someone else might not be a good choice for you. Good luck in your search.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Welcome. Stick around, read some threads in the "Carry Issues and Self-Defense" forum. As Que, mentioned, this really isn't the best place for your specific question.

You can also use the search function to find threads and questions similar to yours. Look around. There is a ton of good info all across this site.

warrumr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2014
    Beech Grove
    To everyone that has replied thank you for your suggestions and thanks to the giy for the link to the real discussion. I couldn't find it when I looked and im on my phone. For some reason this website wont pull up on my computer here at work. Thanks though

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    82   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Try to work it so you can handle any firearm you are considering. You will be more accurate and safer with one that feels good in your hands. Carrying is a big adjustment anyway, so while you are making the transition, you will be able to make almost anything work with a little thought. You will find out that it you want to CC you will need to adjust your wardrobe, and use a good holster and belt. If you plan OC, clothing selection is not as crucial... but you still need a good quality holster and belt. If you start off with cheep ones, they may work for a while, but they will end up in a box in the basement, so start off with good, secure, comfy stuff.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Welcome to INGO :welcome:

You have already been given some good information so I will just second the statement about trying several before you make your final decision unless you are wanting to start a gun collection until you find the perfect fit.

Hoosier8

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I was referee to this website by my brother (I dont know his username) but im looking fot maybe suggestions or any general information. First off im looking into getting a FNS-9mm for my concealed carry. Im 6'2 and right around 200lbs would you consider that a good fit fot some on of my stature and height or would you suggest maybe a couple different weapons to look at? Any and all suggestions would be great. Thanks to everyone. Oh and I shoot left handed.

Welcome. Carry what you are comfortable with. Winter I might carry a Sig 226 outside the waistband. I find a Commander size 1911 very easy to carry inside the waistband (thin). I often just pop a P3AT in my pocket in the Summer. The FNS is 1.55 wide and the 1911 is 1.3 wide so not much different really so if you want to wear it inside the waistband it depends on how tight your pants are already. :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom