• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RonaldusMagnus

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2015
    Corydon
    I was informed by administration that I need to pay to post a classified because this is a forum first, and classifieds are like a little bonus. If this is the case why do the classifieds crush every other topic with the number of threads and replies?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    You've been a member for 18 months and just now open up an intro thread to ask this?

This is exactly why the rule is in place.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yes, read the rules. By the tone in your question, it is obvious you disagree with the owner's wishes. If you want a classifieds site, go to Gunbroker or another buy/sell/trade site. We arent one of those.

RonaldusMagnus

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2015
    Corydon
    I have read the rules. I just prefer honesty. Requiring 50 post to prevent spam? That's a dedicated spammer. The rules should be changed to include "We use classifieds to generate revenue for our forum"

RonaldusMagnus

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2015
    Corydon
    Anyway I feel better. As someone else stated, I'll visit the classified sites to buy and sell and visit this site when I feel like gossiping like women.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I have read the rules. I just prefer honesty. Requiring 50 post to prevent spam? That's a dedicated spammer. The rules should be changed to include "We use classifieds to generate revenue for our forum"

As MCGrease stated, you have been here long enough. You should have been taking the last 15 months to interact, hang out and let us get to know you. If you had been doing so over that time, we wouldnt be having this discussion. You would have reached far beyond the 50 post limit and made friends along the way.

Its not primarily about the $$. Im a site supporter as you can see, and I dont need it. (obviously) I contribute a quick $20 to help keep the lights on because its a cool place. You think servers, bandwidth, electricity, etc are free?

The classifieds are here for ACTIVE members who interact and post. We buy/sell here because we know who we are dealing with. We dont worry about getting shanked for our stuff by some Craigslist punk that we dont know. The site supporter fee is a way to buy your way in if you just cant wait. But bear in mind you will get less activity as a site supporter with minimum posts. If we dont know anything about you but that you are willing to throw $20 into the kitty to play, some here may not want to deal with you. If we want to deal with a random stranger we'll go to Craigslist, Gunbroker, etc.

Make sense now?

EDIT: and classified access is less about spammers and more about scammers. If ANYONE could walk in off the street and post up ads, we would have people showing up just to flip stuff, rip people off, etc and thats not what we want. Once again, its a community first. The classifieds are just a perk to the active members.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Anyway I feel better. As someone else stated, I'll visit the classified sites to buy and sell and visit this site when I feel like gossiping like women.

Wow, you really dont get it, do you? With an attitude like that, you had better price your wares pretty low. I for one wouldnt deal with you.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    gossip like women, nothing like leaving while insulting the members here.

I am a member of several other gun boards. I think all of them have some minimum number of posts to access the classifieds.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom