• Status
    Not open for further replies.

wulfensteinster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 16, 2012
    Plainfield
    Apparently I joined the forum in 2012. I likely joined searching for hunting regulations for Indiana. So, I guess its about time I introduce myself

I am an Airline pilot and enjoy fast cars, motorcycles, learning new things and working with my hands.... and of course, guns... and "Im a mormon"

I love my god, family and country. I hope to protect all three of them, and I guess thats why I've joined this community (to learn more and share time with like-minded people)

Also, I have started making multi-purpose furniture. Here is a shelf that I make, pm me if interested. As soon as I get off my 50 post probations, I will post more.

14379905_10157500412830301_423115794962504314_o.jpg

14449898_10157500412820301_2561331000698913566_n.jpg

14264174_10157500441265301_2774880700062861270_n.jpg

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Hello from just to the north! :ingo: With 2 posts in 4.5 years you appear to be pacing yourself.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    :welcome: 2 :ingo: from NWI

The shelf is nice. The foam cut out is interesting, did you make it or can you tell me who manufactured it?

By the way, not to say you are a runner, you don't seem to be here foe the classifieds. be careful of your posting habits or some will get that idea.

If you want to be able to PM you could become a site supporter and start right away.

wulfensteinster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 16, 2012
    Plainfield
    The foam cut out is interesting, did you make it or can you tell me who manufactured it?

This foam piece was laser cut by my brother. it works well for the shelfs but I'm looking into cutting thicker foam for my other home decor/concealment items. Cutting the thicker foam will require heavier machinery, which I'm willing to buy if there is enough interest.

Also, do i not have the PM function already?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I really like the multi layer cut out technique.the way it is scalloped out to allow purchase on the equipment. the only change i would make is the orientation of the pieces. Each item needs to be positioned so that when you put your hand on it your ready to use it

INGO Classified Ad Rules
    INGO Forum Rules
    Click here to become an INGO
    supporter.gif

Click here if you are interested in advertising
    advertiser.gif

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    No actually, I see a lot of these that look like display cases, more for show than actually for emergency use.

The pistol needs to be placed exactly the way it is in your holster and in condition 1. The magazines need to be oriented exactly the way you would carry them with the rounds in the right direction.

As soon as your hand comes in contact with the weapon you are ready to use it and as soon as you pick up the magazine you can reload without ant manipulation.

wulfensteinster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 16, 2012
    Plainfield
    No actually, I see a lot of these that look like display cases, more for show than actually for emergency use.

The pistol needs to be placed exactly the way it is in your holster and in condition 1. The magazines need to be oriented exactly the way you would carry them with the rounds in the right direction.

As soon as your hand comes in contact with the weapon you are ready to use it and as soon as you pick up the magazine you can reload without ant manipulation.

Ok, taking your advice. how would you orient them for a right handed shooter considering limited depth in the shelf.

My thoughts were to grab firearm in condition 1 (SA/DA would technically have hammer back I think) with right hand as you need a mag you could grab with your left, index and insert. I feel like the mechnics as close as possible to drawing from my mag carrier. I may be missing something? maybe laying the mags on their backs?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom