• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Scoutsout2396

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2016
    Franklin
    Great evening INGO! Long time listener first time caller, been around guns my entire life. Hell joined the Army to shoot a lot more and then ended up in the NG. Favorite handgun to shoot is 92FS (thanks Army), rifle is the Remington 700, and AR is the AK. Have been talking about getting back into owning guns again so I wanted to hop on here and see what everyone has and ideas for home defense/hunting. I live about 20 minutes South of Indianapolis. I'm looking forward to some education and meeting some great people.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    well, hunting is something I am not much help on because it wasn't something my Pappy did with me and so far, I haven't had a lot of luck doing it on my own. Defense though I think I can give an opinion...

I would say for home defense a good 12 ga loaded with #4 Buck will do the trick. I prefer the 870 platform but the Mossberg 500 or 590A1 (gotta love a shottie with a bayo lug) would be good too. I actually put a bayo lug on my Marine Magnum 870 just because I could. lol
    For rifles well, I go love my AK's but there are plenty here who love their AR's so I guess that is up to you. I have both and shoot both. I'd say with your background an AR in the mix couldn't hurt much. They certainly have a lot of tacticool stuff you can get to customize them, more than the AK. :(

Nothing beats a good handgun, I will leave you to choose, 9mm seems sufficient for most tasks but I do like a nice 1911A1 just because I do. I also prefer a pistol with a safety which seems to be something no one else likes. I hate Glocks so I suppose if you want one someone else will chime in to tell you what to seek. Truth be told, I really prefer a revolver, I love my Rugers too so I do have several of their 357's through the ages to choose from.

You aren't far from where I shoot inBrazil so if you want to go and shoot some of mine before buying, I would be glad to meet you there and have you as my guest. This is the place, directions and such are on the website. proteq.us

:welcome: 2 :ingo:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom