LD36

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Bloomington, IN
    SOLD!!
    Price Reduced to $175

Up for sale is a like new Cold Steel Viking Sword.

The sword has never been used to cut anything and still has the factory protectant (oil) still on the blade. No rust or scratches on the blade. Includes the factory wooden scabbard covered in leather and with steel throat and chape. Selling this to [STRIKE]fund another project.[/STRIKE] pay some vet bills.

Cold Steel's Description:

Viking Sword - Cold Steel Knives

VIKING SWORD
    Specifications:
    Blade Length: 30 1/4"
    Overall Length: 36 7/8"
    Steel: 1055 Carbon
    Weight: 37.1 oz
    Handle: 6 5/8" Leather Wrapped Handle
    Scabbard: Leather / Wood Scabbard w/ Steel Fittings
    The typical Viking sword of the 9th and 10th centuries featured a long wide blade with a broad central fuller and two keen edges. The preferred stroke was a hard slash or chopping blow, so the point was fairly rounded but was just acute enough to be useful for thrusting. A simple guard with forward curving quillons was often utilized and combined with an equally utilitarian wooden handle that was covered with leather, bone, or even cast in brass.

What really made the Viking Sword so distinctively recognizable from its contemporaries was its heavy 5 lobed pommel used to balance the long blade.

Our sword has features in common with its historical counterpart. It has a double edged blade, hand forged out of high carbon steel and then polished to a brilliant lustre. The wooden handle is covered in leather and is supported by a simple, elegant guard at one end and an equally handsome 5 lobed pommel at the other. Both guard and pommel feature traditional Celtic knot embellishments.
    To house the keen double edge blade each of our swords is supplied with a wood scabbard covered in black leather and reinforced with a highly polished steel chape and throat.

I've looked on eBay and Amazon and the cheapest I've seen this blade for is about $215 (but mostly around $250-$260). I'll take [STRIKE]$200 [/STRIKE] $175for it. I don't have a box to ship it in so it will have to be FTF near the Bloomington/Ellettsville area. PM or email (cjwerner@indiana.edu) in interested. Thanks!

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom