Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Are Gun Owners As Courageous As Pot Smokers?

That's essentially what was asked at the 25th Annual Gun Rights Policy Conference in San Francisco, CA. It's an interesting question, too. Are gun owners willing to go to the same lengths to protect their rights to possess and carry firearms? I'm not sure they are, given the numbers of "law abiding" owners I come across.

Courage, Liberty, Guns and Weed – Tenth Amendment Center
    KYFHO

Shooter
    This is interesting.

"I recently went to an event called Hemp Con down in my part of the state – Los Angeles. This is a big event at the LA convention center – with loads of vendors and businesses from every angle you can think of in support of the marijuana industry. There were home security companies to help protect your weed, solar power companies to help you grow your weed, doctors giving out medical marijuana cards to virtually anyone with $80 and an hour of time. There were even delivery services – you can get your marijuana delivered to you 24 hours a day…in 30 minutes or less. The pizza companies have nothing on these guys! It was amazing if you think about it from an economic standpoint – this was capitalism, the free market – working its wonders around an industry.

What’s the point?

Virtually EVERY single one of those businesses was either directly violating federal law, or aiding someone else in doing so because marijuana is illegal, according to the feds – but not the constitution – in all situations. In 2003, Tommy Chong was arrested for merely selling pieces of glass – pipes that could be used to smoke marijuana. And today, 7 years later, we’ve got what seemed to be the WalMart of weed in Downtown Los Angeles. And guess what – no ATF or DEA thugs shut the place down. Business functioned, people did what they wanted to in freedom, and that was that."

Quote Originally Posted by IndyMonkey View Post
    This is interesting.

In 2003, Tommy Chong was arrested for merely selling pieces of glass – pipes that could be used to smoke marijuana. And today, 7 years later, we’ve got what seemed to be the WalMart of weed in Downtown Los Angeles. And guess what – no ATF or DEA thugs shut the place down. Business functioned, people did what they wanted to in freedom, and that was that."
    Chong was convicted on a Federal Statute dealing with the USPS, if I remember correctly. Kind of like Capone was convicted of tax evasion.

As for CA and is "Walmart of Weed" What do expect from a state that gave all of it's residents "IOU's" for their tax refunds last year? They are so bankrupt, they will do nearly anything to collect tax money to prop up the entitlement based governement and it's citizens. It's sad to say, but Cali and more specifically Hollywierd will eventually poison our entire country if we let it. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by mrjarrell View Post
    That's essentially what was asked at the 25th Annual Gun Rights Policy Conference in San Francisco, CA. It's an interesting question, too. Are gun owners willing to go to the same lengths to protect their rights to possess and carry firearms? I'm not sure they are, given the numbers of "law abiding" owners I come across.

Courage, Liberty, Guns and Weed – Tenth Amendment Center

You assume if gun owners violated federal law that they would be overlooked by the liberals in control of the government.
    Easy to have courage when you know the law won't be enforced.

Foolish to violate the law when you know you will become the poster child to create more anti-gun laws.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodEclipse View Post
    You assume if gun owners violated federal law that they would be overlooked by the liberals in control of the government.
    Easy to have courage when you know the law won't be enforced.

Foolish to violate the law when you know you will become the poster child to create more anti-gun laws.

Yeah, that. The consequences are not the same.

I'm pretty sure you don't go to federal prison for having a joint.

Have a rifle that will fire even in a 3rd burst that is not registered and taxed and you will be enjoying 3 hots and a cot and the love of mr. johnson.
    Sincerely, R. Lee Obvious, Ph.D. a.k.a "The Droll Troll"
    I'm always trying to make a good impression.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow8088 View Post
    I cocked my head to the side a little and was admiring his piece.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leggdpms View Post
    I walked out they asked me if I had a permit to carry my firearm I told him yes I do and he said alright sir and shaked my hard and said he has respect.

Shooter
    Come on guys...play along.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyMonkey View Post
    Come on guys...play along.
    Ok
    My name is BloodEclipse and I'm a stinking coward because I won't violate Federal Gun laws.
    I should have my man card, NRA and Oath Keepers memberships revoked.
    I should go have sex change surgery and admit I'm just a girl.

So, if Obama managed, somehow, to get another assault weapons ban enacted and there was a provision for turning them in to "the authorities" you guys would just hand them over? Or if Bayh were elected to the governers post and had a gun grabbing dem majority and they got rid of the LTCH, you'd just never carry again? These California pot smokers and growers have been breaking federal law for decades, a huge act of civil disobedience on their part. Are we any less dedicated to our rights as gun owners?
    KYFHO

Quote Originally Posted by mrjarrell View Post
    So, if Obama managed, somehow, to get another assault weapons ban enacted and there was a provision for turning them in to "the authorities" you guys would just hand them over? Or if Bayh were elected to the governers post and had a gun grabbing dem majority and they got rid of the LTCH, you'd just never carry again? These California pot smokers and growers have been breaking federal law for decades, a huge act of civil disobedience on their part. Are we any less dedicated to our rights as gun owners?

Yes, and they are not being prosecuted for it in the large part either.

Pretty easy to say their are courageous when they know nobody will call them to the mat for it.
    Sincerely, R. Lee Obvious, Ph.D. a.k.a "The Droll Troll"
    I'm always trying to make a good impression.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow8088 View Post
    I cocked my head to the side a little and was admiring his piece.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leggdpms View Post
    I walked out they asked me if I had a permit to carry my firearm I told him yes I do and he said alright sir and shaked my hard and said he has respect.

Ask Randy Weaver what happens if you violate gun laws.
    "Do not overthink it, gentlemen. It's only a gunfight, not an IRS tax audit." - Louis Awerbuck

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast