• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Ron Paul proves once again that he's a staunch ally of gun rights, even on a touchy subject like guns near schools. Disarming good people in & near schools has done nothing but create large victim disarmament zones.

This kind of law is what happens when you elect Globalist, New World Order loving, Establishment-backed Republicans like George H. W. Bush. He's the reason why there is a Federal Gun-Free Zone law in the first place. It was passed in 1990, along with a bunch of other Police State shenanigans.

Call your congressman and tell him to support Ron Paul & H.R. 2613 in ending George Bush's gun control laws.

Repeal of school gun free zones introduced in the U.S. House
    Texas Congressman Ron Paul has introduced H. R. 2613 - Citizens Protection Act of 2011 a bill to repeal the GUN-FREE SCHOOL ZONES ACT OF 1990.

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    My grandfather used to take his gun to school when he was a kid and set it in the back of the room in the GUN RACK. He would either hunt before or hunt after school. Amazingly no violence ever happened!

And, just one more reason to vote for the Paulmeister!

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    We used to leave our shotguns on the window racks in our trucks in the school parking lot. (I'm old, but not that old) AND, believe it or not, this was in Ohio. :):

Gun laws are made to produce criminals not to control crime.

VOTE RON PAUL IN 2012!

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    We used to leave our shotguns on the window racks in our trucks in the school parking lot. (I'm old, but not that old) AND, believe it or not, this was in Ohio. :):

Gun laws are made to produce criminals not to control crime.

VOTE RON PAUL IN 2012!

Agreed! I used to throw my 37 Featherlight in the trunk with the ammo to go hunting after school. I wasn't the only one either. Heck, even if you did get into an "altercation" at school, the thought of going out to your car and getting your gun was just not an option. This was in the mid to late 70's.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    I wouldn't count on this gaining much ground. While sensible, responsible gun owners understand the fatal flaw behind "gun free zones", most sheeple still freak out when they hear the word gun and school in the same sentence.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    My grandfather used to take his gun to school when he was a kid and set it in the back of the room in the GUN RACK. He would either hunt before or hunt after school. Amazingly no violence ever happened!

And, just one more reason to vote for the Paulmeister!

I took my 20 gauge in for a demonstration I did on gun safety in grade school.

Things were a tad different back then in rural America.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I wouldn't count on this gaining much ground. While sensible, responsible gun owners understand the fatal flaw behind "gun free zones", most sheeple still freak out when they hear the word gun and school in the same sentence.

Personally, I would feel BETTER if my son's teachers were armed.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :dunno: I was under the impression that "school gun free zones" are because of STATE laws that are in place not some overall federal law?

So this proposed bill by him would make it a federal law that removes all the state "gun free zones" in schools? :dunno:

Coaster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Brownsburg
    Congressman Paul has my support and best wishes with this resolution. Unfortunately, as stated above, most people will react negatively to this idea.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    :dunno: I was under the impression that "school gun free zones" are because of STATE laws that are in place not some overall federal law?

So this proposed bill by him would make it a federal law that removes all the state "gun free zones" in schools? :dunno:

I understand that it is Federal law. Maybe some state laws overlap it.
    GUN-FREE SCHOOL ZONES ACT OF 1990
    George Bush I said:
    << 18 USCA § 922 >>
    (1) IN GENERAL -- Section 922 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by adding at the end the following new subsection:
    "(q)(1)(A) It shall be unlawful for any individual knowingly to possess a firearm at a place that the individual knows, or has reasonable cause to believe, is a school zone.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I understand that it is Federal law. Maybe some state laws overlap it.

& per this is was declared unconstitutional in 1995.

Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

& thus my understanding that the states took it upon themselves to do the state "gun free school zone" laws.
    :dunno:

---
    UPDATE

Or perhaps this is what I am mis-understanding. The Act of 1990 left this for the states.

Definitions

Title 18 U.S.C. §921(25) The term “school zone” means— (A) in, or on the grounds of, a public, parochial or private school; or (B) within a distance of 1,000 feet from the grounds of a public, parochial or private school. (26) The term “school” means a school which provides elementary or secondary education, as determined under State law.

So as we know school as defined in IN is Pre-school - 12 grade. So if IN decides to make "school" Pre-school only then the rest of the law would not apply.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong but I'm sure someo one with more knowledge will come along shortly.

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I don't see the state doing that, Jedi. There are other repercussions if they do, such as funding issues, etc. (I am not aware of exactly what they are, but I know that there must be some) to say nothing of the outcry from the teachers' lobby to find that the places they work are no longer "schools", especially when the other are "pre-school"... If they are "before school", what comes after them?

Further, "school", in IC doesn't, as I recall, include preschool and kindergarten, just 1-12, that's why the code specifies the others as well as private schools and headstart are designated "gun free" separately.

No, we need to go the route of removing the GFSZ for LTCH holders and we need to remove the "a school is always a school" mentality. In addition, I'd like to see the removal of the "property used by a school for a school function"... You take your kids to the zoo and there's a school trip there, even one you knew nothing about, you've just unknowingly become a felon. This is not justice, it's just playing to emotional :bs:.

Blessings,
    Bill

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Oh BoR
    128700822330128197.jpg

The question I have is the OP posted that Ron Paul is drafting a new law to repeal the gun free school zone (ie a federal law which the OP pointed to be GUN-FREE SCHOOL ZONES ACT OF 1990) Yet per Winki that law was deemed unconstitutaltion in 1995 (all the law or part of it I don't know).

So my question is..
    Is there indeed a federal law that does make "gun free school zones" or is it a state law that does that since in 1995 the USSC nulled the 1990 law?
    :dunno:

That is where I'm confused.

I know that the state won't define school to be just pre-school. That was just an example of me saying how the state could get around the fed law *IF* indeed the federal law was around (ie. i think it was nulled by the USSC).

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    It was unconstitutional, then they put in the magic words "interstate commerce" and all is well again.

Top Bottom