• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Major lesson learned from Gunwalker: Get a job in the federal government, on 18th year of employment commit huge public mistake, get promoted to high paying big job in unreachable warzone, bide time for two years reading the paper in air conditioned tent, retire on new and improved pension due to salary bump.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Major lesson learned from Gunwalker: Get a job in the federal government, on 18th year of employment commit huge public mistake, get promoted to high paying big job in unreachable warzone, bide time for two years reading the paper in air conditioned tent, retire on new and improved pension due to salary bump.

One problem there is that only works in the military (retirement after 20yrs service that is). The rest of the GOV is on the FERS & TSP retirement plan now. The days of CSRS are long gone, even then you had to wait till retirement age to reap benefits.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    One problem there is that only works in the military (retirement after 20yrs service that is). The rest of the GOV is on the FERS & TSP retirement plan now. The days of CSRS are long gone, even then you had to wait till retirement age to reap benefits.

Dang. Stupidest mistake I ever made; friend in the FBI says apply for a job they are making this thing called homeland security and will be hiring like mad. I thought I would make more money perusing a career in finance. I would be halfway to a fed pension, and could then make serious bank "consulting" ex post facto. Do you know what a fed pension and .gov healthcare are worth? Solid gold!

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Dang. Stupidest mistake I ever made; friend in the FBI says apply for a job they are making this thing called homeland security and will be hiring like mad. I thought I would make more money perusing a career in finance. I would be halfway to a fed pension, and could then make serious bank "consulting" ex post facto. Do you know what a fed pension and .gov healthcare are worth? Solid gold!
    But they might've assigned you to the adult-diaper security division. Be careful what you wish for!:):

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Looks like the White House got caught hiding a witness in the basement to prevent him from testifying in front of Congressman Issa.

PJ Media » BREAKING: PJ Media Finds Gunwalker

It's not the scandal, it's the cover up.

With Gunwalker it is both.

Oh Kirk when will you let it go. :dunno:
    The :sheep: just do not care & this will never see the light of day.

Do you know what a fed pension and .gov healthcare are worth? Solid gold!

This assumes that the .gov does not cut fed pension and/or fed healthcare. From a political stand point this is an easy pure win solution right now. By that I mean Congress in an effort to "reduce the deficit" and "cut expenses" can very easily agree to reduce pension and healthcare for fed employees (exempting them off course).

The general population will see this as a good thing. Congress is doing something! Congress will get good marks for it. Only ones that would suffer would be .gov employees but not enough of them to make and waves/cause an election to be lost.

Gun Bunny

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    I still believe that "Gun Walker" is what Obama was talking about when he said they were working on "Gun Control under the radar"!!!

Bump up the real numbers of traceable gun back to the U.S. and there you go, a real need to restrict guns!!!

Not a big conspiracy person, but this make sense to me.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Hey ya'all,

In doing unrelated research (NFA trusts) in the ATF documents, I found this:
    ATF Online - Publications - Firearms

It has a pamphlet on Operation Gunrunner. It is "fluffy" but I found it interesting that it is still available on the site. It looks like it was something that was given to dealers to "help" them identify potential (illegal) gun traffickers. It looks like it was a modified version of something created under Bush.

Now we know it was to help identify accomplices!

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Hey ya'all,

In doing unrelated research (NFA trusts) in the ATF documents, I found this:
    ATF Online - Publications - Firearms

It has a pamphlet on Operation Gunrunner. It is "fluffy" but I found it interesting that it is still available on the site. It looks like it was something that was given to dealers to "help" them identify potential (illegal) gun traffickers. It looks like it was a modified version of something created under Bush.

Now we know it was to help identify accomplices!

Best download that and repost it elsewhere on the net before it gets "lost."

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    You know..... it's a good thing this bunch wasn't in charge of orchestrating the government conspiracy of 9/11.
    Bush did a good job keeping that one under wraps.

:D

:hijack:

OK, does anybody still believe something as large as 9/11 was pulled off
    by the same inept government that pulled a boner like Gun Walker?
    How long was it before this information started leaking.
    In the decade since 9/11 nothing like this has been brought to light??? hummmm.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    The sheer number of people that would have had to have been involved to make 9/11 happen were it an inside job makes it an impossibility.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Dear Dr. Obvious, Phd.......

Does that title stand for Piled Higher and Deeper? :rolleyes::rolleyes::whistle::whistle::stickpoke:

You are an Alumni of UPHD too!??

"We are ever true to Piled Higher and Deeper,
    For we love our college dear,
    And wherever we may go,
    We are ready with a cheer.
    And the people always say,
    That you can't outshine Piled Higher and Deeper men,
    With their Rah! Rah! Rah! and their Ki! Yi! Yi!
    And their P-H-D."

Last edited:
    Top Bottom