• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Response from Lugar on the UN small arms treaty. Sure it is a standard form letter, but was surprised he included as much as he did in the response. And it is the only reponse I have recieved back. Wondering if others got the same, or recieved responses from our other representative from our state.

Thank you for contacting me concerning the control of small arms. I appreciate this opportunity to respond.
    I support the Second Amendmentrights of law-abiding citizens to possess firearms for sporting, collecting,and defensive purposes; I also support Indiana law related to the purchase and ownership of firearms. Indiana's Constitution provides both a liberty and a property right to bear firearms,which is stronger Second Amendment protection than the residents of many states enjoy.

The Obama Administration has announced its support ofU.N.-sponsored negotiations for a treaty to regulate the trade of conventional weapons. However, no treaty has been negotiated. If a treaty is signed by a President in the future it would be subject to the advice and consent of the Senate, requiring a two thirds vote. To date, theAdministration has not formally engaged with the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, of which I am Ranking Member, with regard to this issue.

I will continue to follow this matter closely. Thank you, again, for contacting me.

Sincerely,

RichardG. Lugar
    UnitedStates Senator

I appreciate Dickies reply, but think he is being a bit naive when it comes to this administration and the way they circumvent conventional processes. IMHO

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Nope, didn't say one way of another as to whether he would support the UN or The Constitution of the United States of America!

TheCapulet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Rural Fairmount
    He's basically saying that there's "Nothing to be worried about, yet...". Will he actually follow through with his beliefs and oppose it, should it come to vote? He kinda left that up in the air, didnt' he...

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'm having flashbacks of Lugar supporting a candidate for the supreme court who'd never actually served as a judge..... Sure he won't appease obama on this now will he.

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    Yeah, I got exactly the same form letter back in response to my fax. Wasn't surprised that he never actually addressed my question directly. When has he EVER done that?

IMHO, it tells me a great deal about how nervous his campaign honchos are about the coming primary, though. I've contacted his office several dozen times concerning various issues by letter, e-mail, fax, etc. over the last 18 yrs and this is the FIRST time they've EVER condescended to respond at all.

Answered the e-mail, perhaps too pointedly, by citing some of the numerous incongruities between what he claims and how he actually voted on Second Amendment restrictions, SCOTUS appointments and Illegal Immigration issues over the years. Basically, I expressed my skepticism politely, but it kinda amounted to saying "Don't p-ss down my back and try to tell me it's raining."

If he wins the primary and I end up getting audited by the IRS next year (would be a "1st") I guess we'll know why;->

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    "If a treaty is signed by a President in the future it would be subject to the advice and consent of the Senate, requiring a two thirds vote."-- Lugar

yeah, we've seen how that works lately, haven't we??

Mosineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I hope that everyone on here is helping Mourdock in one way or another.

We really need to get Lugar out of office and November 2012 can't get here quick enough for me. I have one vote, I can try.

+1^^ Lugar needs to go. Just need to look at his voting record and especially if he is taking money from Soros. From all I have read so far, Mourdock would be a win win choice. MOOC

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    He's basically saying that there's "Nothing to be worried about, yet...". Will he actually follow through with his beliefs and oppose it, should it come to vote? He kinda left that up in the air, didnt' he...
    I wouldn't "assume" what his beliefs are at this point. His track record suggests that his actual beliefs are far removed from what he would like us to believe. Just my :twocents:, ymmv.

rphutchi

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    He continues to have trouble recognizing the values of those he represents in Washington. If he can be unseated as entrenched as incumbents are, then it bodes poorly for the rest of the good ol boy system.

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    We at least deserve the courtesy of telling us where he stands! Take a stance, right or wrong, but don't take this stupid grey area! Be a man and speak up! We do not have to like it (I will of course vote accordingly).
    Why has our political system gotten to the point where figures are allowed to carry on this way. SPEAK UP! If it is unpopular, well at least I respect someone who speaks their mind without the appearance of speaking out of both sides of their mouth!

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Expect no less from any politician. They excel in burning a lot of words to say nothing.

LOL...... reminds me of this clip from Shrek... double speak to the max.

Pinocchio would make a great politician.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd1rXB0rGiE[/ame]

Top Bottom