Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Plinker

Ruger Guns, Bill Ruger, Gun Control, and the NRA

I received my latest edition of American Rifleman today and couldn't help but note the letter to the editor which praised Ruger for all the good the company has done for the Second Amendment. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this perhaps a sign that people involved in the fight for gun rights have forgotten who their real friends (example being Ronnie Barrett vs. Bill Ruger) are? After all, Bill Ruger and his company did collaborate with the anti-RKBA factions to significantly curtail our rights through AWB restrictions, whilst managing to see to it that their beloved Mini-14 family was not subject to said ban(s).

I'm not trying to slam Ruger or its products. But as a matter of principle, I can't bring myself to buy a rifle from a company that at one time, or potentially in the future, could back an AWB as a means to corner a market. Am I alone? Also, if I fail to fully comprehend the story behind these events or am unaware of anything, please feel free to enlighten me. Ruger makes some nice looking products, but I just can't bring myself to buy one. Are there other major manufacturers out there who have also done this?

CX1
    Look into the practices of S&W and Colt and their support of the 1968 gun control act.

Also look up S&W Clinton-Gore deal of 2000. There were calls for boycotting S&W.
    INGO has an excellent resource for safety recalls. Check it out: http://ingunowners.com/forums/genera...l-listing.html

Ruger makes some nice looking products, but I just can't bring myself to buy one.
    More for us!!

You are free to buy/not buy from whomever you want, but Bill Ruger is long gone. They are an American company producing quality products. The company is publicly owned and has moved on. You might want to consider doing the same.
    Last edited by pudly; 07-17-2012 at 18:08.
    Not sure if the firearm or accessory you are buying/selling has been subject to a safety recall? Want to check your collection? Click INGO's Comprehensive Firearm Safety Recall Listing for an easy way to check.
    ---
    Obama: "I can do whatever I want." (video)

Bill Ruger is dead and gone. Before he died he gave the NRA Museum a check for a million dollars.

Ruger is now selling:

1. concealable pistols.
    2. Lightweight and take-down .22s.
    3. A direct drive AR-15 clone.
    4. An eeeevil Mini-14.
    5. Selling magazines over 10 rounds to you icky, nasty dishonest civilians.
    6. Inter alia.

What more could Ruger do to change your mind?
    El Tejon? What does that mean?

Grandmaster
    Sigh.

Sorry, but Bill Ruger is dead. His idiotic ideals of an honest man only needing 10 rounds, blah blah blah are dead as well. You know why? 'Cause Ruger as a company is producing weapons that have ol' Bill spinning in his grave. Same with Smith and Wesson.

When it comes to companies, I focus on what they are doing NOW, not THEN and we have little indicators of what they will do SOON. If I kept with the idea that Hyundais were junk based on their garbage cars of the 80s, I would not have the reliable, comfortable, powerful and fuel economic Sonata I have now.
    Gone! See you all in the funny pages!

I love my Rugers! they make very nice guns and I do believe I will be adding even more to my collection. Like others have said you are free to buy what you want, but not buying a Ruger because of the actions of a dead guy seems a little ridiculous, and frankly you're missing out

I wonder how many people that bring up Ruger's 10 round mag issues or S&W Clinton/Gore connection and state boycot them for this or that years ago but hold Ted Nugent up when he was involved in some not so "traditional values" early in his day?

Just sayin!

Quote Originally Posted by Disposable Heart View Post
    Sigh.

Sorry, but Bill Ruger is dead. His idiotic ideals of an honest man only needing 10 rounds, blah blah blah are dead as well. You know why? 'Cause Ruger as a company is producing weapons that have ol' Bill spinning in his grave. Same with Smith and Wesson.

When it comes to companies, I focus on what they are doing NOW, not THEN and we have little indicators of what they will do SOON. If I kept with the idea that Hyundais were junk based on their garbage cars of the 80s, I would not have the reliable, comfortable, powerful and fuel economic Sonata I have now.
    Agree or disagree with philosophy all companies now are motivated by one thing and one thing only - PROFIT. That is it. Even the gun manufacturers have not a care for ideals. All concern is for money. To that end they are producing better and more varied products than they were just 15 or so years ago.
    INGO has an excellent resource for safety recalls. Check it out: http://ingunowners.com/forums/genera...l-listing.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast