Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Denny347 View Post
    Don't bring us into his fight...we are happy where we are. "Why do cops not get upset about this?" Because the boots on the ground know that laws only steer the law abiding...criminals by definition do NOT follow the laws...so who is it going to help. We have enough laws already to lock criminals up...we don't need more.
    U are absolutely correct. its been said a million times, just because u make somethong ILLEGAL doesnt mean criminals are going to follow it. Thats why they are called criminals. Bloomberg is a clown, he also thinks that by taking away the 32oz. soft drink he is gna fix our obesity problem. Get F***ING REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How do these people get elected???????

Quote Originally Posted by indykid View Post
    Although Bloomberg wants a general police strike, why doesn't he make his point by having the NYPD stand down. I wonder how many hours after the stand down, if that long, before the news starts reporting about roving gangs, shootings, looting, stabbing, and general mayhem.
    Because NYPD won't do it. Contrary to popular belief, we don't/wouldn't strike.
    "Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and are more useful in general." Rippetoe

It's also illegal, isn't it? Not that it's the main reason.
    Now, rep me!

Plinker
    Why doesn't Bloomberg "lead the way" by releasing his armedguards? Then he should tour the various boroughs at 2am. Maybe then he'dunderstand the need for self defense

Quote Originally Posted by manwithnoname View Post
    Let them go as long as taxpayers receive the benefit of reduced cost.

There are better uses of taxpayer funds than excessive police forces.

You must not live in a big city. You can investigate homicides for us, catch burglars in the act, arrest armed robbers, arrest spouse for beating the snot out of the other. Yeah, you don't need us at all. Sad for you, it is not the police wanting to strike...it's a politician dragging them into his political agenda. BIG DIFFERENCE!!!
    "Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and are more useful in general." Rippetoe

Shooter
    ‘We're going to go on strike. We're not going to protect you. Unless you, the public, through your legislature, do what's required to keep us safe,’” he said.

I have a problem with this part. First, I do nit believe the police actively protect us. No offense Denny, but cops aren't bodyguards or private security. Police in America do an excellent job of responding to events, but 'protect' is a proactive word analogous to 'prevent'. Secondly, if I lived in New York, I'd ask Mayor Bloomers to go on strike permanently, and for someone to do what is required to keep all of the people safe, which is allow them to carry guns to defend themselves. While it is true that police run towards crime, it is also true that unarmed citizens are the victims of these crimes.

Wall Street Journal points out that Nanny Bloomberg's call for a police strike will increase the desire for guns in the general population and decrease trust of government . . . oh, and it's illegal and a call for insurrection.

'We're Not Going to Protect You' - WSJ.com
    4/25-4/27: Come see us at the ISRPA booth!

Shooter
    When I think of Douchebag's.. He's definitely at the top of the list!

Quote Originally Posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
    Police striking? That a stupid idea. The guys who went into the profession for the right reasons would scoff at the suggestion.
    TRUE!!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast