Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    The more they propose ridiculous and radical bills that are sure not to pass, the easier it is for a compromise on a more seemingly reasonable bill that will only restrict our rights in a smaller way. This allows them to take baby steps towards their grander scheme of total gun control. I think of it as the game "Mother may I". When I was young and played that game, you would ask for a huge advancement in that game, knowing that the "Mother" would reject it. This allowed a slightly less ridiculous request to now seem more reasonable. Ask a million times for all guns to be turned in or everyone faces jail, will be turned down. But once you start asking less ridiculous things, like banning the sale of semi-auto firearms, but allow grandfathering, seems more reasonable (while still absolutely ridiculous). But who knows, I could be wrong and the IL politicians truly think this has a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMan66 View Post
    The more they propose ridiculous and radical bills that are sure not to pass...
    The Democrats have a Super-Majority in both the Illinois House and Illinois Senate and they have a very anti-gun Governor. It is actually possible this bill could pass.

Quote Originally Posted by GodFearinGunTotin View Post
    Geez-Louise! What a difference a few degrees of longitude and a border majke.
    I tell ya...lets give Gary to Chicago....and then Illinois can give the REST of the state MINUS Chicago to Indiana.
    “We must hang together, gentlemen…else, we shall most assuredly hang separately.” – Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by HiRoller View Post
    Highly unlikely, Illinois is so far in debt they couldn't fund a lemonade stand, let alone a gun grab.
    Illinois Budget Deficit Worst In The Nation: State Is Reportedly $43.8 Billion In The Red
    They probably plan to take the guns and resell them to Hoosiers to balance the books
    Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

BREAKING: New Details on Illinois Modern Firearm Ban Bill | The Truth About Guns going after gun ranges too... have to be a FFL to run a range.
    Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Quote Originally Posted by NomadS View Post
    BREAKING: New Details on Illinois Modern Firearm Ban Bill | The Truth About Guns going after gun ranges too... have to be a FFL to run a range.
    This is going to sink like the Titanic.

TK
    This space intentionally left blank.

Getting ready for the coming economic collapse.....
    I'm your huckleberry! Help love the least of these. God-Water.org

Quote Originally Posted by melensdad View Post
    The Democrats have a Super-Majority in both the Illinois House and Illinois Senate and they have a very anti-gun Governor. It is actually possible this bill could pass.
    Doesn't matter. We've been assured by those in the know that this is just a fund raising scare tactic on the part of ISRA. We can all go take a nap.

Oh, wait.
    KYFHO

Quote Originally Posted by Spot Me 2 View Post

Getting ready for the coming economic collapse.....
    Quote Originally Posted by LPMan59 View Post
    It just passed out of committee. 6-3...... to the floor it goes
    I'm your huckleberry! Help love the least of these. God-Water.org

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast