Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27
  1. #11
    Expert
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,036
    Quote Originally Posted by MightySanta View Post
    "The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."

    --- Adolph Hitler, Mein Kampf

    Wow, thats some really degenerate type of physiological warfare he is using.... disgusting!!!

  2. #12
    Marksman 2ndAmendmentdefender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    387
    Quote Originally Posted by jworm1420 View Post
    Wow, thats some really degenerate type of physiological warfare he is using.... disgusting!!!
    Do you mean Hitler or Obama?

    It turned my stomach to see the children on that stage with Obama (3rd graders), just wonder how that affects these kids for the rest of their lives to have their president tell them they can get shot going to school!
    The Constitution and Socialism are Diametrically Opposed and therefore cannot Co-Exist!

  3. #13
    Expert
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,036
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendmentdefender View Post
    Do you mean Hitler or Obama?

    It turned my stomach to see the children on that stage with Obama (3rd graders), just wonder how that affects these kids for the rest of their lives to have their president tell them they can get shot going to school!
    I guess i would say both.....

  4. #14
    Grandmaster hooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Central Indiana
    Posts
    5,055
    hooky is an unknown quantity at this point.

  5. #15
    Marksman 2ndAmendmentdefender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    387
    Quote Originally Posted by hooky View Post
    +1 Excellent find! Compare this picture to Obama's pictures with the children in the last month! A great likness!

    Joseph Goebbels is smiling ear to ear!
    The Constitution and Socialism are Diametrically Opposed and therefore cannot Co-Exist!

  6. #16
    Master RockofStrength's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,091
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    So...if we value our children we are acting like Nazis? Sort of missing your point here.
    The key being that he wanted to associate the idea of loving your children with demanding protection, care, etc from the State. The State and the children were to be made inseparable in people's minds so that when the State made any demand for the "sake of the children", any dissent against the State could be redirected to a hatred of the children.

    EDIT:

    I also feel that the fact that even though you KNEW that Hitler himself made that suggestion, you still arrived at the mental association he desired is significant.
    All honor and glory to the Lamb.

  7. #17
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    7,719
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendmentdefender View Post
    The point is...
    The point is, "let's find a way to compare Obama to Hitler." Is Obama's use of kids disgusting? Yes, but why take the tinfoil leap and find a comparison to Hitler? All politicians, have and will continue using "think of the children," if it forwards their agenda; not just Obama and Hitler. I hate treads like these because they are intellectually dishonest, as well a intellectually void.
    For a person to believe that Obama is in anyway comparable to Hitler only proves how stupid they are.
    Rest to our Brave, our Honorable, our Fallen

  8. #18
    Marksman Tsigos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    447
    Quote Originally Posted by hacksawfg View Post
    I looked at a translation online, the entire quote isn't in there, just the first half. Here is how it is in the actual book.

    "It must set race in the center of all life. It must take care to keep it pure. It must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. It must see to it that only the healthy beget children; that there is only one disgrace: despite one's own sickness and deficiencies to bring children into the world, and one highest honor: to renounce doing so. And conversely it must be considered reprehensible: to withhold healthy children from the nation. Here the state must act as the guardian of a millennial future in the face of which the wishes and the selfishness of the individual must appear as nothing and submit. It must put the most modern medical means in the service of this knowledge. It must declare unfit for propagation all who are in any way visibly sick or who have inherited a disease and can therefore pass it on, and put this into actual practice. Conversely, it must take care that the fertility of the healthy woman is not limited by the financial irresponsibility of a state régime which turns the blessing of children into a curse for the parents. It must put an end to that lazy, nay criminal, indifference with which the social premises for a fecund family are treated today, and must instead feel itself to be the highest guardian of this most precious blessing of a people. Its concern belongs more to the child than to the adult."
    I don't think anyone here bothered to read the entire quote above. Context makes all the difference.
    Always question the source.

  9. #19
    Plinker indymike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    210
    Have you ever seen a politician of any ideology or from any era NOT use children as props at their victory speeches, on the campaign trail, etc.? After all, campaigning 101 is kissing babies for the camera to show that you "care". Quite a stretch to link Obama to Hitler because he put an emphasis on children.

  10. #20
    Marksman Tsigos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    447
    Quote Originally Posted by MightySanta View Post
    "The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."

    --- Adolph Hitler, Mein Kampf
    As it turns out, this is not even a quote from Mein Kampf but from a fictional letter written in 2004.

    Retraction: Adolf Hitler Quote | Libertarian News
    Always question the source.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •