Franklin Cnty indiana tells Obummer and the ATF to shove it!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Meanwhile they still have "no carry near goverment buildings" signs all over the town of brookville. (I dont think thats the exact wording, but thats the meaning). There was a thread about it on here just last week.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Things like this reaffirm my believe that most Americans understand the constitution. Nice to see local governments stand up for the rights of we the people.

Thanks for the link!

upalot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    PAWNEE
    Great to see some have the courage to take a stand. If all would do this .gov would back off pretty quick. Even a King is not a King if he has no subjects to rule.

z96Cobra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Southeast Indiana
    Meanwhile they still have "no carry near goverment buildings" signs all over the town of brookville. (I dont think thats the exact wording, but thats the meaning). There was a thread about it on here just last week.

Do you have any examples/locations? I live in FC and I haven't noticed any. I'll be in Brookville in the morning and will be on the lookout. I know that there were signs banning guns in the town park,,but those were removed when the state preemption law went into effect.

I have seen a "No Guns" sign on Standard Auto Parts door, I don't buy from them anymore.

jim b

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Here is another local story on it.
    Franklin County Observer: Issue 375

I will be sending Scott and Tom some supportive letters and I hope the rest of the locals on here will do the same. We have a good group of like minded commissioners here and we need to support them for taking a stand like this. I hope more counties follow their lead.

jim b

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008

I have not seen these on the government buildings in quite some time. There was a city of Brookville ordinance a couple of years ago that banned firearms on government property but once the new state law was put into effect that trumped that they were removed.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Do you have any examples/locations? I live in FC and I haven't noticed any. I'll be in Brookville in the morning and will be on the lookout. I know that there were signs banning guns in the town park,,but those were removed when the state preemption law went into effect.

I have seen a "No Guns" sign on Standard Auto Parts door, I don't buy from them anymore.

Here is one thread I found, but its not the specific one I was thinking about. Ill try and dig up the right one.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...rookville_in_ban_guns_on_city_property-2.html

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    We need to push this at the STATE level. Write our state reps and let them know they need to pass a bill nullifying any encroachment on our 2nd Amendment rights by the feds in the state of Indiana by refusing to enforce such laws and arresting federal agents that try to.

Top Bottom