Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Shooter

Get ready for round 2: Obama pushes gun control at state of union speech

Gun control advocates use State of the Union to highlight their cause - First Read

Don't stop writing and calling your state reps, joining the NRA, and attending rallies. We've got four more years of this crap, and Bloomberg's money is probably far more than the NRA could imagine.

I got this from a S&W email, and it sends letters to all your state and federal representatives, please submit!

http://cqrcengage.com/smith-wesson/a...gagementId=777

Last edited by netsecurity; 02-12-2013 at 10:49.

Quote Originally Posted by netsecurity View Post
    Gun control advocates use State of the Union to highlight their cause - First Read

Don't stop writing and calling your state reps, joining the NRA, and attending rallies. We've got four more years of this crap, and Bloomberg's money is probably far more than the NRA could imagine.

I doubt that Obama will full-court press this for the next four years. He is not that committed to any particular issue, and if there is enough resistance, he will move on to another Democratic cause. If the Dems lose at the mid-term, the last two years he will go into hibernation.

And when Obamacare kicks in, the Dems will lose except the hard-core constituencies.

That being said, yes keep up the pressure.

Bloomberg is another matter. Lots of money, but no real affection among Dems. If Bloomie keeps shooting his mouth off, someone should just promote a confiscatory tax for billionaire ex-NYC mayors, so they can pay their "fair share".
    Would you again describe what you saw as you saw the defendant carrying this owl?--Ballard v. State, 1974

Shooter
    Well, your probably right about the mid terms. The Dems will get slaughtered in those elections, probably loosing many seats in both the Senate and the House, and Obama will be a real lame duck then. But I don't think he will give up for the next two years, and he certainly is doubling down now. Grabbing guns is part of the liberal wet dream, and now that universal health care is a reality, gun owners are firmly in the cross hairs.

There goes gun and ammo prices again..
    Those who give up liberty for a moment of safety, deserve neither liberty or safety.

Region Rat Redneck xfrostybeersx's Avatar
    I like that S&W link. Get em all in one shot. Boom.

You Can't Fix Stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by geronimojoe85 View Post
    I will eat her nuts, smile and say they're delicious.

Sharpshooter
    Here's a neat graph - Bing's measurement of opinions on the SOTU speech during the gun control rant.

Bing Measures the SOTU Gun Control Debate | Shall Not Be Questioned

Thanks for the S&W link!
    Last edited by BlackGun; 02-13-2013 at 12:08.

Marksman
    There's not going to be a round 2. There was hardly a round 1.

There are no votes. It's just math. There's no republican votes and there's no votes among conservative democrats.

The rest of this is just a fake fight that the media makes up to keep their ratings high. Everyone in DC knows that there are NO VOTES!!!

sent this one and the one from rugers site
    911 is so long distant i use 1911

Thanks. Letter sent
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast