• NomadS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    New Albany, IN
    BREAKING Colorado Approves "High Cap" Mag Ban Bill | The Truth About Guns

Colorado Approves “High Cap” Mag Ban Bill

“After an epic debate, Colorado Democrats advanced stricter gun-control measures Friday, ensuring that the state will be held up as an example in a national fight over tougher firearm laws,” denverpost.com reports. Late last night, the Colorado House passed HB 1224 (limiting magazine capacity to 15 rounds) and three other bills (after the jump) by voice vote. After a roll call on Monday, the package will sail through the Democratically-controlled Senate and land on Governor Hicklooper’s desk for signature. The bills passed with Tailgunner Joe’s help. “Vice President Joe Biden [on vacation in the Rock Mountain State] called four House Democrats to get their take on the debate and to note Colorado’s importance in a national discussion on gun control.” Magazine manufacturer Magpul is now certain to up-stakes and take 700 jobs with them.

Hope Governor Pence has contacted Magpul and invited them to move to Indiana.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I see it as a danger to law abiding gun owners...if we travel through that state to somewhere to go prairie dog hunting...we get arrested for having a high capacity magazine. the mishmash of laws around the country are getting worse.

Fester

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Greenfield
    You can own pot in Colorado but not own a 30 round magazine?? I think the Colorado LegisHaters are using that weed...LegisHaters? I like that phrase!

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    It doesn't surprise me one bit, hopefully all manufactures will stop selling equipment to Gov. and law enforcement officials in states that enact gun control measures like Colorado and New York. I would love to see Remington close up shop in NY and move to a gun friendly state as well as Magpul!

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I guess CO's changed a lot since I was there on active duty. Cross that state off the list now for vacations and potential job move when I finish my studies.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    This just goes to prove that CO has become a dump for Liberal Democrats fleeing the mess they created in CA. Now they are hell bent on destroying CO as well.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    15 round mags? Bunch of panzies!

If you're going to do it, do like NY did--swinging for the fences.

Elections have consequences. Fire another one up, CO...enjoy.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    CA, IL, NY already all in. MD, CO, MT, MO, PA, CT, MN teetering.

Its not just one state. They are on the march.

As for Magpul, they made an exception in their bill for them. So we will see if Magpul sells out if this legislation makes it all the way through the process.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

One hour into that debate, the Republican minority is already fighting the adoption of a committee report and the amendment raising the limit on magazines to those with more than 15 clips.

GOOD NEWS! This only affects magazines that hold clips not bullets!!! :yesway:

:rolleyes:

Democrats have offered an amendment to the committee report to allow Magpul, a Boulder county magazine manufacturer that is threatening to leave Colorado if this ban becomes law, to continue to produce magazines of any size in the state that can be sold elsewhere but not legally used here.
    Republicans blasted that too.
    “Now it’s clear, this is all about the money,” said Rep. Jerry Sonnenberg, R-Sterling. “You don’t care about the people, just the money this company contributes to our state.”

Well, there you have it. Liberal utopias need to be funded somehow.
    Choke off their cash supply and they go back under the bridge.

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    Magpull has rejected the exemption to stay. Only the democrat controlled house passed the bill. Nothing has been signed yet. Anyone know if Colorado has a 2 house setup?

Not just Magpull, but 400 jobs in contractors as well.

Colorado company threatens to leave state if gun bill passes | Fox News

My question is "Why isn't the state economic committee not courting all of these manufacturers?" If I were governor, I'd have had them in NY the day after their bill was signed, talking with Bushmaster. "Your product just became illegal here; what do you need to move to a state that supports the 2A and has hard-working, intelligent people?"

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Another piece from the Fox news article posted above.

The legislation would require manufacturers to engrave magazines with serial numbers and dates -- a requirement Smith believes is "burdensome and unnecessary," The Post reported.

So if they do stay and have to do this your Magpul items just went up in price kids.
    This would not be done for free. Magpul sales would slump.

"If we're able to stay in Colorado and manufacture a product, but law-abiding citizens of the state were unable to purchase the product, customers around the state and the nation would boycott us for remaining here," Doug Smith, Magpul's chief operating officer, told The Post.

More than likely.
    Gun owners tend to pay attention to things that infringe on their Constitutional rights.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Gun owners tend to pay attention to things that infringe on their Constitutional rights.

They do, but unfortunately they tend to do nothing about it except complain to each other on the internet. Of the 29,000 members on INGO, how many do you suppose have even bothered to write an e-mail to their legislator? How many showed up to the rally downtown?

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    That's a shame. If Colorado passes these laws, I hope to see Magpul follow through on their statement and move production out of state. I would gladly welcome them here!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Has anyone other than me written to the governor asking him to start courting these businesses to move to Indiana?

poisonspyder

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    Durango
    They do, but unfortunately they tend to do nothing about it except complain to each other on the internet. Of the 29,000 members on INGO, how many do you suppose have even bothered to write an e-mail to their legislator? How many showed up to the rally downtown?

I believe you are correct in saying they do nothing. I believe I am the only one writing letters to these idiots. They are all to stoned to listen anyway. This is appalling and I am unsure of what to do now. Letters and calls seem to be going no were. I don't even know of a 15 rd mag for a ar. I moved back out here from indiana after 10 years and it sure is different. We have been invaded by Californians in Denver and the rest of us mountain people must suffer.

In a legal wAy what s the best corse of action to take against this?

Top Bottom