• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Beer may be an attraction for many, but let them bring it to you...

Wisconsin was one of the last states to legalize concealed carry, but apparently Milwaukee's police chief isn't exactly on board. Milwaukee's homicide rate is higher than Chicago's (1:8,923 vs. 1:10,828). Unfortunately Milwaukee's police chief, Edward Flynn, has been openly hostile to legal firearms carriers, even instructing his officers to put all gun owners to the ground and disarm them. I guess it is easier to concentrate your efforts on the law abiding than the lawless.

At least Wisconsin recognizes Indiana's license.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    If heard about that POS police chief before. Can't believe he's still disregarding the law (police would never disregard the law :rolleyes: )Something to be aware of when carrying in Milwaukee.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    I've been going to Milwaukee on a regular basis for over 25 years. I've always carried concealed and have never even had a sideways glance. I don't go to bars and don't hang around crap neighborhoods either. Never had a problem. Period. Their house, their rules.

Bob

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I've been going to Milwaukee on a regular basis for over 25 years. I've always ******** and have never even had a sideways glance.
    And many people that go to Chicago have never been violently assaulted. I hope your luck holds.
    BTW- I wouldn't admit to breaking their laws in an open forum.

I don't go to bars and don't hang around crap neighborhoods either. Never had a problem.
    This is good policy anywhere.

Their house, their rules.
    Very true. And understanding the effect of their rules leaves people more informed about whether or not they should accept that risk.

Last edited:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I've been going to Milwaukee on a regular basis for over 25 years. I've always carried concealed and have never even had a sideways glance. I don't go to bars and don't hang around crap neighborhoods either. Never had a problem. Period. Their house, their rules.

Bob

Actually the United States is OUR house. The Chief apparently thinks he gets to decide who has what rights. I think it will end up costing the city a pretty penny. As it should.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    And many people that go to Chicago have never been violently assaulted. I hope your luck holds.
    BTW- I wouldn't admit to breaking their laws in an open forum.

This is good policy anywhere.

Very true. And understanding the effect of their rules leaves people more informed about whether or not they should accept that risk.

Not dis-agreeing. I'm not real worried about it...... of course the NSA probably knows exactly what days I was there, what I ate, where I slept and what time I took a crap to soooo:tinfoil:

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN

Bob
    Yes. Their house, their rules. By all means. Wouldn't you agree that the police should abide by their own house rules just like the rest of us have to? And State of Wisconsin law (since June 2011) says that concealed carry is OK with a permit, and that NO PERMIT IS REQUIRED for open carry. Open carry without a permit is legal in Wisconsin by state law (and was even before WI started issuing concealed carry permits), AND Wisconsin law preempts all firearm laws in the state and local authorities can’t have Laws/Ordinances against open carry. So their house, their rules, absolutely!! Let the police play by their own rules, i.e the law, and not make up their own rules just because they don't happen to like the law on the books. Citizens are not above the law. Police are not above the law either.

Speaking of playing by the rules, how is that you CC'd in WI for the last 25 years since concealed carry was illegal in WI prior to June 2011? Their house, their rules??

Last edited:

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    Actually the United States is OUR house. The Chief apparently thinks he gets to decide who has what rights. I think it will end up costing the city a pretty penny. As it should.

Sorry Chief, but the city wont pay a freaking dime, now the good taxpayers, they are the ones that will be footing the bill for the Unconstitutional crap that this worthless POS police PIG Chief has his troopers do.

Gunner

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    Wasn't Jeffery Dalmer from Milwaukee?

probably a good idea to carry there

(sarcasm, just sarcasm)

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Bob

Yes. Their house, their rules. By all means. Wouldn't you agree that the police should abide by their own house rules just like the rest of us have to? And State of Wisconsin law (since June 2011) says that concealed carry is OK with a permit, and that NO PERMIT IS REQUIRED for open carry. Open carry without a permit is legal in Wisconsin by state law (and was even before WI started issuing concealed carry permits), AND Wisconsin law preempts all firearm laws in the state and local authorities can’t have Laws/Ordinances against open carry. So their house, their rules, absolutely!! Let the police play by their own rules, i.e the law, and not make up their own rules just because they don't happen to like the law on the books. Citizens are not above the law. Police are not above the law either.

Speaking of playing by the rules, how is that you CC'd in WI for the last 25 years since concealed carry was illegal in WI prior to June 2011? Their house, their rules??

:+1:

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    The 2A says I can have a weapon. That's where I live and take my chances. Been in countries where I wasn't suppose to have a weapon either but guess what?? I'll take my chances to protect my own butt but you can go only where you are allowed. I've never had in issue because I'm not an idiot about how I carry.

Top Bottom