Not open for further replies.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    The 2014 session of the General Assembly will be convening in early January. I have not yet heard nor seen any bills scheduled to be introduced, however, I've been told that we can expect some good ones this year.

As more information becomes available, I'll add it to this thread.

Thanks to GodFearinGunTotin for the reminder that this needed posted.

Blessings,
    Bill

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I'm proud to be a Hoosier. While many anti-liberty states legislatures (e.g. New York, Colorado, Connecticut, et al.) were hard at work destroying the Second Amendment in 2013, the Indiana General Assembly was enacting provisions to further the use of firearms. Hopefully, 2014 will be an even brighter year!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    While not related to firearms we did see the abolishment of a stupid automatic knives ban.

this year I'm hoping to see the requirement for the permission slip known as the ltch done away with, and therefore constitutional carry enacted like other states have done.

Also so I want to be able to own an SBS (short barreled shotgun) in Indiana since it's already legal federally with the (tax).

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    I would LOVE to be able to carry in my daughter's school. I would "compromise" with being able to store my firearm inside my vehicle while actually inside the school. I'm a member of my daughters PTO, and it is a royal PITA to have to park off grounds and walk to the school!

Constitutional carry would be a lovely thing, as well as removing all of the GFZ's, the removal of the rolling GFZ was a blessing, but I really want all of them gone, they are a failed experiment that should never have been allowed into law in the first place!

Being able to have an SBS in Indiana would be very nice, as I seem to have a knack for them based on the NFA Noob day shooting! (Thanks again RobbyMaQ for getting that on video!)

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Aside from suppressors for hunting, what pro-firearm-owners'-rights bills made it into effect?

Rolling school zones for now.

OH RIGHT! How could I have forgotten such an important piece of legislation?

It was very important to me. I'm sorry that you don't benefit from it.

Actually, all of us benefit from that. I didn't take Cathy's post as sarcasm, though I see how it could be. The example I used repeatedly was the "armed and eating at McDonald's and a school bus pulls in on a field trip = instant, unavoidable felony"
    While this has never been tested in court, an overzealous prosecutor could certainly make that case, and an anti-gun judge, coupled with a hyper-liberal jury could easily turn it into a conviction. Having it gone is clearly a benefit to all gun owners. Now if we can just keep it after the recodification nonsense becomes law, that will be good.

The source I spoke to regarding bills for this coming session was not willing to reveal what was planned at that time. I'm hoping someone will read this and let me know, as I don't want to nag.

For my part, I'd like to see all of the things mentioned above: End to GFSZs, end to prohibition on SBS, return to Constitutional Carry, and an end to any punishment for any present-day "gun crime" not involving an actual injury to or loss by a human being.

That last is going to involve a massive paradigm shift by our citizens, both LEO and otherwise. A large number of people have not been raised to understand that they have no "right to feel safe". They have a right and indeed, a responsibility to ensure their own safety; If a building is burning and you are physically able, you don't have to wait to be rescued, you can get yourself the hell out of there and save your own life. Likewise, the intended victim of a crime does not and should not need to wait for a cop, s/he should be able to save him/herself by any means necessary.
    By comparison, the hoplophobe who sees your gun may not feel safe in doing so, but is not harmed by the sight, unless of course, said hoplophobe can prove that everyone who sees that gun will be harmed in some way. Thus, no right has been infringed: That person has the right to change his behavior, change his location, change his britches, and/or all of the above... but he has no right to change someone else's behavior that puts no one at any risk and causes no damage.

I expect that that will be a very long row to hoe.

Blessings,
    Bill

engineerpower

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    State of Boone
    an end to any punishment for any present-day "gun crime" not involving an actual injury to or loss by a human being.

I know that the "brandishing" part can be stretched quite a bit to antagonize someone doing nothing wrong other than being in mere possession of a firearm, but wouldn't this exempt malicious use of firearms without harm (yet). An example would be someone knocking on your door with a carbine in the low ready, or waving it at you and yours. Certainly nothing good can come of either, and could quite possibly result in shots fired (in either direction). If you felt you were about to be shot, and took out the antagonist, the prosecutor would have the ability to point out that they weren't doing anything illegal.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom