• ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) is warning the Obama administration to not issue an executive order requiring that all new guns be made with biometric technology, such as finger-print recognition or bracelets.
    Cornyn raised the issue in a letter to Attorney General Eric Holder, who in testimony earlier this month highlighted biometric bracelets and fingerprint identification as a safety issue.
    “Your testimony has raised serious concerns for my constituents given President Obama’s track-record of acting beyond the scope of his legal authority and your hostility to the individual right to self-defense under the Second Amendment,” Cornyn wrote. “Is the Obama administration currently exploring the possibility of an executive order requiring all firearms to possess the technology capabilities you referenced in your testimony?”Cornyn also asked Holder if the administration has any legal standing to make such a requirement on gun features, and expressed concern about how biometric guns could make it easier for the federal government to create a national gun owner database — something Cornyn said would violate privacy rights.
    “Will you assure my constituents and me that, under your supervision, the Department of Justice will not issue regulations requiring law-abiding citizens to equip their firearms with fingerprint-reading technology, or to link them to biometric bracelets?” Cornyn wrote.
    Obama has issued several executive orders on various topics since his State of the Union address this year where he chided lawmakers for not being able to get anything done in a divided Congress. Obama recently decided to raise the minimum wage for federal workers and contractors from $7.25 to $10.10 an hour.

Good for Cornyn, we should send a thanks.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Methinks this is a politician creating fear to garner votes. I really doubt the president has the power to enact such an order. I've never heard anyone else even saying he might.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    He has issued other "questionable" EO's. I wouldn't put it past him. It wouldn't have much meaning, if he did. The manufacturers would just wait him out.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    While other orders have been questionable, this one is too far over the line.
    If he could have simply done this, he already would have.
    But then, we would all be felons, like I Connecticut.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Methinks this is a politician creating fear to garner votes. I really doubt the president has the power to enact such an order. I've never heard anyone else even saying he might.

This guy deserves no benefit of doubt. He'd EO anything he can get away with.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    He has the authority to do anything he wants unless someone steps up and stops him. I fail to understand why he has gotten away with everything he has up to this point. Our legislators don't seem to have the stones to step up and exert control over the executive branch, which is part of their job.

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    What's next?

Requiring tax stamps and FBI background checks to own previously legal automatic firearms?

Banning the import or manufacture of new automatic firearms?

Come on folks...this stuff is nothing but talk. Use some common sense. After all, we have the second amendment to protect us from infringement.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

This. How many times are some of you going to bite on the "Obama is going to write EO's to destroy the 2nd amendment" hook. If he could and he wanted to, why didn't he after Newtown? The iron couldn't have been any hotter to strike.

We heard that it was coming when he was elected, and it didn't materialize. Then we heard it when he was re-elected, since now he didn't have to worry about another election. Then we heard he was going to do it after Newtown. Then we heard he was going to use the UN to do it. No UN troops kicking in your doors, no EOs reinstating the AWB, nothing.

spirit390

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    He has the authority to do anything he wants unless someone steps up and stops him. I fail to understand why he has gotten away with everything he has up to this point. Our legislators don't seem to have the stones to step up and exert control over the executive branch, which is part of their job.
    Exactly rite this clown and chief can do whatever whenever he wants. Everyone is to afriad to be called a racist, but if they looked and listened they are already being called racist almost daily.

spirit390

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    What's next?

Requiring tax stamps and FBI background checks to own previously legal automatic firearms?

Banning the import or manufacture of new automatic firearms?

Come on folks...this stuff is nothing but talk. Use some common sense. After all, we have the second amendment to protect us from infringement.

I have a hard time finding the purple text too

Top Bottom