• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Our favorite self described "Pro Gun Reporter", Russ McQuaid, is at it again with another sensationalized piece..

City prepares for NRA convention as police-action shootings rise | Fox 59 News ? fox59.com

The convention, billed as eight acres of guns under the roof of the Indiana Convention Center, comes at a time when Indianapolis is struggling with a spasm of gun violence that has left this year’s homicide rate, outpacing 2013′s stunning statistics and IMPD officers find themselves under attack even more.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    WTF? This is all they could do? Link NRA members to murderers?

IMPD has more people shooting at them? We have stats on this? And Fox59 thinks that the NRA will join in or something?

Let's review who IMPD thinks may be the problem. Select One:

A. Hank from Lizton, he is a father of 3, and after two hitches in the Army is a tool and die man for a mid-sized manufacturer. He wants to come see the guns, attend the voting and maybe a concert if he can convince the old lady.

B. Bill from Carmel, father of 2 boys in undergrad, he is an accountant in a small firm on the northside of Indy. He wants to look at cool shotguns but really is just happy to hang around all the cool stuff.

C. Ray-ray from The Swamp, father of 8 (he thinks), he is an unlicensed pharmaceutical rep. He wants to sleep in and then trade drugs for stolen merchandise.

Just who does Fox59 is going to be at the NRA Meeting???

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    WTF? This is all they could do? Link NRA members to murderers?

IMPD has more people shooting at them? We have stats on this? And Fox59 thinks that the NRA will join in or something?

Let's review who IMPD thinks may be the problem. Select One:

A. Hank from Lizton, he is a father of 3, and after two hitches in the Army is a tool and die man for a mid-sized manufacturer. He wants to come see the guns, attend the voting and maybe a concert if he can convince the old lady.

B. Bill from Carmel, father of 2 boys in undergrad, he is an accountant in a small firm on the northside of Indy. He wants to look at cool shotguns but really is just happy to hang around all the cool stuff.

C. Ray-ray from The Swamp, father of 8 (he thinks), he is an unlicensed pharmaceutical rep. He wants to sleep in and then trade drugs for stolen merchandise.

Just who does Fox59 is going to be at the NRA Meeting???

LMAO

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I cant wait to compare next weekend to Summer Celebration crime/assault numbers. My gut says we will have one ND and three low profile arrests of attendees for things like being arrested for public intoxication and they are also carrying. Thats my prediction.

Quite a change from Summer Celebration with fights and shootings...

I look forward to the 28th where we can collectively look at the media and critics and say ":p Told you so!"

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I was kinda miffed at that story too, as if the NRA (who I admittedly arent really a fan of) has bearing on crime.... in a way that's not a deterrent.

themadmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    It isn't the NRA that's the problem...it is all the evil guns that will be in town...

You must fear the "acres of [evil] guns" that may suddenly unleash terror in the streets on their own! It is their (the guns) fault!

​purple as needed

JohnMcClane

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2014
    Indy
    I guess some people just never want to dig any deeper and see what is actually reality... I also enjoy the fact that the comments feature for that story have been disabled. nothing like not publicizing the other point of view...

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I cant wait to compare next weekend to Summer Celebration crime/assault numbers. My gut says we will have one ND and three low profile arrests of attendees for things like being arrested for public intoxication and they are also carrying. Thats my prediction.

Quite a change from Summer Celebration with fights and shootings...

I look forward to the 28th where we can collectively look at the media and critics and say ":p Told you so!"

Last night screwed up the whole anti gun agenda. Not to belittle the grief that many have, but the left does try to use domestic violence as a way to push their agenda.

How do you push your agenda when police are the ones involved? Restrict their guns? How does it help you when a woman is the one doing the murder-suicide?

I can see the leftwingers at the Indy Star just going nuts...

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton

I know that guy! He's my neighbor!

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I'm not really sure how preparation for the NRA convention is any different than preparing for other summertime conventions. Probably just fewer cops but that oughta save them some money.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Hell, they've probably chosen us for a false flag op...we have a Republican Gov. and legislature, many pro-gun bills passed over the past couple of years. We're a perfect candidate.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Comments are closed.

Nough said.

“We have seen an increase in the number of long rifles that have been used in incidents against the police. That used to be something that we did not see years ago, so, that’s definitely an increase in that type of weapon.”

The style of weapon True is describing, an AR-15

Did True actually say that or did the reporter interpolate it through the prism of his perjudice.

Read more: City prepares for NRA convention as police-action shootings rise | Fox 59 News ? fox59.com

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Comments are closed.

Nough said.

“We have seen an increase in the number of long rifles that have been used in incidents against the police. That used to be something that we did not see years ago, so, that’s definitely an increase in that type of weapon.”

The style of weapon True is describing, an AR-15

Did True actually say that or did the reporter interpolate it through the prism of his perjudice.

Read more: City prepares for NRA convention as police-action shootings rise | Fox 59 News ? fox59.com

I would say they selectively quoted him. "24 officers involved" makes it seem like we've had 24 police action shootings. We might have had 24 officers involved as in 24 officers total onscene at every PAS combined, but not 24 who actually fired their gun.

I don't have the total stats on types of gun used, but handguns are still the predominant weapon used by a wide margin. Long guns may have went up as in from 3% to 5% or some similarly small number overall, I haven't paid a lot of attention to those stats and can't give accurate numbers, but they pale to the number of handguns and edged weapons used.

Top Bottom