• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I know security clearance can be affected by financial issues like bankruptcy, is there anything similar for LEO who have protective orders against them?

edit: I did not start this thread, mods used this comment in another thread and created it in my name.

edit: Doc is correct. I moved his post. Blame me, if anyone, for that. BoR

Last edited by a moderator:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    The above three posts were split off from another thread as being political.

This thread will NOT become a trash-fest on LEOs or anyone else. We can discuss politics without trashing anyone except the federal legislators who make the laws under which we live.

Thank you.

Blessings,
    Bill

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    When I was in the Army, a domestic violence charge was a quick ticket out of the military. If you can't carry a weapon, you can't do your job.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    From the ease in which I understand a person seeking a "protective order" can get one (with little or no need to prove such a need exists), I'm uncertain I would be much behind the idea that having such am order attached to anyone, LEO or not, should become an immediate attainder on their rights. My sense is that a "protective order" is worthless, in that it does no good if not warranted, and provides no protection if it is. My caveat is that I have never and hope to never be in the position of seeking not being served with a "protective order" of any kind, so the thoughts are just that, thoughts.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    From the ease in which I understand a person seeking a "protective order" can get one (with little or no need to prove such a need exists), I'm uncertain I would be much behind the idea that having such am order attached to anyone, LEO or not, should become an immediate attainder on their rights.

Most protective orders do not include a blanket Brady disqualification, the one's that do are typically because there has been evidence presented to the judge it is in the best interests of parties involved.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Most protective orders do not include a blanket Brady disqualification, the one's that do are typically because there has been evidence presented to the judge it is in the best interests of parties involved.

I'm glad that is the case. I was unaware that the orders had different "levels". Thanks for the reply.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    The above three posts were split off from another thread as being political.

This thread will NOT become a trash-fest on LEOs or anyone else. We can discuss politics without trashing anyone except the federal legislators who make the laws under which we live.

Thank you.

Blessings,
    Bill

Mine was not meant to be a "crap post", nor was it meant to **** on or bash anyone. Sorry if I offended you somehow.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Mine was not meant to be a "crap post", nor was it meant to **** on or bash anyone. Sorry if I offended you somehow.

No sir, not at all. Your post was not the crap I mentioned in another post... those posts that were, and those that did nothing more than reference them, are now out of sight.

These posts simply didn't fit that thread, and so I moved them to a more appropriate place to allow for discussion. I apologize for not making that more clear.

Blessings,
    Bill

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The husband didn't die. Read the article. It wasn't a "murder /suicide" as you called it if he lived. It was an ATTEMPTED murder and suicide.

Seriously... what the **** are you trying to accomplish with your endless stream of bull****?
    What are you trying to prove? That you are superior just because you are libertarian?

It was reported last night as a murder suicide then more information came out this morning.

Get off you high horse before you have a heart attack.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    What are you trying to prove? That you are superior just because you are libertarian?

It was reported last night as a murder suicide then more information came out this morning.

Get off you high horse before you have a heart attack.

You're the one who's wrong more often than he's right.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom