• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Yup...Indiana has such a law (I've never heard of it being implemented) but they do! A friend of mine is a K-9/SWAT guy...is how I found out about it!

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Yup...Indiana has such a law (I've never heard of it being implemented) but they do! A friend of mine is a K-9/SWAT guy...is how I found out about it!

It is implemented frequently. I know a person that draws up the paperwork in Allen County. it is very worrisome for her for many reasons.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Yes, and Indiana has invoked it for such things as a man ranging distances and being weird and interested in local crimes. I forget the name, but a guy here in Indiana had like fifty-some-odd firearms seized just because the Man didn't like the cut of his jib.

Kirk beat me to it.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Man, that's a l-o-n-g read. Bleh, 'lawyers', LOL. :laugh:

But I would agree with the conclusion, in the specific case of Redington. Hopefully, subsequent petition and review, and Redington's future actions, will work in Redington's favor. As it's cited in the case, I would agree.

If you're gettin' tossed out of bars AND churches for 'erratic conduct', it's 'concerning'.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    But do we or do we not live in a reactive society? In a reactive society, one doesn't pre-emptively disarm people for what they might do. And if we in fact have shifted to a pro-active Minority Report/1984/Brazil/Brave New World dystopia, then by all means, someone let me know so I can flip the switch and exit society.

Is this guy nuts? It sure sounds like he could use some intense therapy for his delusions. Has he done anything under any other law to allow for the uncompensated seizure of his property - and moreover, property he might need to defend his life or his loved ones? Hell no. If he had, he would have been charged and arrested under any other law on the books. We have plenty of gun laws in this country and State. Man couldn't get the result He wanted so he used a backdoor subversion of the rule of law in order to produce the result He wanted. So kudos. We've confiscated - without recompense - the property of a man whose worldview is completely distorted but who has committed no crime, and perhaps minimized the danger from one man - while at the same time unquestionably weakening property rights, and especially the right of self-defense and to not be deprived life, liberty or property without just recompense for everyone else. Good job. Well done. Every dictatorial power ever to exist and ever to have existed in this world congratulates and salutes us and our illegitimate end-run around the law. Are we happy yet? When will the 'what-if' crowd finally be satisfied? Never.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber-barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber-baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C. S. Lewis

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Yes, and Indiana has invoked it for such things as a man ranging distances and being weird and interested in local crimes. I forget the name, but a guy here in Indiana had like fifty-some-odd firearms seized just because the Man didn't like the cut of his jib.

Kirk beat me to it.

yeah...dude sounded super creepy and whacked out of his mind. He sounded like somebody who shouldn't have been driving a car much less owning firearms.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    yeah...dude sounded super creepy and whacked out of his mind. He sounded like somebody who shouldn't have been driving a car much less owning firearms.

He sure did. However, should we be removing individuals' property/rights based upon how we feel? I would personally like facts to stand above opinions. Last I checked, he didn't break any laws or hurt anyone, or even threaten to hurt anyone. As a layman, do I feel he is crazy? Yup. Was he shown to be a danger? Nope. But I also don't agree with the Legislature's definition of a dangerous person either.

Top Bottom