North_carolina_fireworks.jpg

Last edited:

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Holy crap! If I read that right The District of Columbia enjoys Constitutional Carry and recognizes all State issued carry licenses as of right now. Surely I'm wrong?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Holy crap! If I read that right The District of Columbia enjoys Constitutional Carry and recognizes all State issued carry licenses as of right now. Surely I'm wrong?

If it really is constitutional carry, then any citizen should automatically be included regardless of residency.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Are you ****ing ****ting me?

I just went outside and it wasn't raining frogs, dogs and cats were not riding bicycles and the grass was not purple, so what planet is this again?

Oh, and how many years did this court diddle, dawdle, and delay before issuing this decision on a Saturday?

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'm happy about this ruling but very, very disturbed that we are talking about the United States of AMERICA'S capitol. Gun ban in our nation's capitol. This ain't Canada! This ain't England!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I'm happy about this ruling but very, very disturbed that we are talking about the United States of AMERICA'S capitol. Gun ban in our nation's capitol. This ain't Canada! This ain't England!

Gun control has long roots in the American South where D.C. is.

However, it wasn't just during Jim Crow that gun laws where all the rage. The D.C. gun ban was passed in 1976. Even Chicago is not as hostile to guns as D.C.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I do find this part interesting. Have to see how it hangs in there as this works its way upward.

Furthermore, this injunction prohibits the District from completely banning the carrying of handguns in public for self-defense by otherwise qualified non-residents based solely on the fact that they are not residents of the District.”

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Wow! That kinda of came out out of left field. How many more years before they recognize other state carry licenses?

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    I am not anxious to be the first to go charging into the city OC'ing just to test it out. However I am hopeful that one day I can go to my son's condo in the district to visit without going unarmed. I still find it hard to believe that the "powers" won't find someway around this.

Top Bottom