Is it just me or are there more gun related "news" articles lately?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I use Yahoo as my homepage and have it set to show a lot of news feeds and it seems of late that there are a LOT more articles about firearms. Tonight for instance on the yahoo homepage there are about 6 different gun related stories and naturally they don't all extoll the virtues of gun ownership. So am I sensitive to it as a gun owner and 2A supporter or are the bloomingmadbergermothers up to something?

us_agent

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    I think it's a little of both. With all the Internet tracking and cookies(I think that's what they are called) once the page figures out what you like or tend to read, you will see more of those articles. I stopped reading those stories for a few weeks and they went away.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    More news. They have to swamp everyone with how bad guns are, till everyone believes it.

If they talked about people injured/killed by cars like they do guns, we'd be riding bikes.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Yahoo writers are very biased and anti-gun so they take every opportunity to highlight gun related stories. If you notice, they [STRIKE]rarely[/STRIKE] never promote any pro-gun stories. Yahoo jumped on the gun control bandwagon as it became more popular and started flooding their website with any story that made guns and gun owners look bad. I used to have them as my news homepage but I became tired of all the daily, constant gun bashing and switched to a non-biased homepage.... Fox News. :)

p.s. I do miss the comments section though. Had a lot of fun stirring the pot and pissing off the antis.

Last edited:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Yes the media is running more gun stories. News is business and guns are a hot topic. They are really stretching. Just look at the air time the 9 year old with the uzi is getting and that is not even a gun issue IMO.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Bloomberg announced a few months ago he was going to spend $50 million to influence the debate. Why would it would be limited to MDA and such? It would be much more effective to spend some money for "news" stories to show up in the media. He founded Bloomberg News, I am sure he knows how to get it done.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Gun stories bring a lot of comments and eyeballs. That means the sites can charge more for ads. It's how they make money.

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    Yeah I used to go to yahoo for my internet news, now I just go to drudgereport.com. They still post articles from yahoo from time to time. Then I scroll through their articles. It's crazy how liberal yahoo is.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I found a story yesterday on Yahoo news about a woman in Ohio who used her EDC to stop an abduction. I posted it in Carry issues, if y'all want to read it.

Yahoo is mostly anti-gun, yes, but apparently, not wholly so.

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom