• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    It is a dilemma to enjoy the work of these artists, yet have to deal with their lefty wackiness. For me it started with the Beatles, loved their music, didn't care for their lifestyles. Enjoy Cher's music, but she is a real nutcase (IMO). And so it goes on. Some I can't stomach to watch, Bette Midler, Julia Roberts. Others don't come to mind right now. Anyway, I try to enjoy their work and forget their personas. Rant off.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Perhaps he will not accept any more royalties for movies in which he appears holding a gun and will refund all money received for appearing in such movies. If he is really that passionate about gun control that would be the right thing to do wouldn't it?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    It is a dilemma to enjoy the work of these artists, yet have to deal with their lefty wackiness. For me it started with the Beatles, loved their music, didn't care for their lifestyles. Enjoy Cher's music, but she is a real nutcase (IMO). And so it goes on. Some I can't stomach to watch, Bette Midler, Julia Roberts. Others don't come to mind right now. Anyway, I try to enjoy their work and forget their personas. Rant off.

Do you support anti-gun restaurants too?

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    He is a supporter of islam also, take what you will from that.

Narcissism. They think because someone liked a character they pretended to be their actual opinions matter to us.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    My favorite movie of all time - Jeremiah Johnson - have to deal with Mr. Redford's lefty ways. Sigh.

Should tell you something about these folks and their sincerity when they make a living glamorizing the thing they supposedly abhore.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    He seems to forget that home break-ins in the UK have tripled and violent crime has gone way up. I guess, so long as they don't use a gun, it's all good.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    It's always amazing how many actors who have made their fortune in movies that feature guns are for gun control.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    It's always amazing how many actors who have made their fortune in movies that feature guns are for gun control.

Not this guy!

170130_full.jpg

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    My favorite movie of all time - Jeremiah Johnson - have to deal with Mr. Redford's lefty ways. Sigh.

Should tell you something about these folks and their sincerity when they make a living glamorizing the thing they supposedly abhore.

Yeah, often thought that as I looked at your icon. My niece had lunch with him as a lefty activist. Now she's a mom and is shopping for a gun.

You have to be a rich liberal to be able to look down on the peons and want to direct them...if you're actually impacted by reality and not a leach it's hard not to fess up to what's in your face. She has a lot of other issues to think about but she's started that move to the right. It is a hard path for her since she was raised by hippies.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Do you support anti-gun restaurants too?

No, I avoid any anti gun restaurant. Example: Wife and I were in tourist area that had a Ben & Jerry's. She wanted to go in. I said go ahead, I'll wait and told her why. She decided to stay out and we went elsewhere for our ice cream. The point of my post was that these people are artists and IMO many listen to a different drumbeat than us regular folks do. When Neeson has that prop gun in his hand, its not him holding it, its his character that he's playing.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No, I avoid any anti gun restaurant. Example: Wife and I were in tourist area that had a Ben & Jerry's. She wanted to go in. I said go ahead, I'll wait and told her why. She decided to stay out and we went elsewhere for our ice cream. The point of my post was that these people are artists and IMO many listen to a different drumbeat than us regular folks do. When Neeson has that prop gun in his hand, its not him holding it, its his character that he's playing.

Take them out of the gated community's....take the body guards away (they all have them) and let them deal with the idiots we deal with on a daily basis. The tune will change after they are pumping gas and a group of "Youts" bother them just for fun.

Top Bottom