They say President Obama doesn't want your guns, and then.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Obama Says He Hasn't Given Up On Gun Control - ABC News
    And then he does.
    But he's stopped by the evil "NRA and gun lobby".

From the article, but fixed:
    Besser reminded Obama that he promised to be tougher on gun control after the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, in which a [STRIKE]gun-wielding intruder shot 20 children and six adults[/STRIKE]criminal broke the law in December 2012.

What? A criminal broke the law?! When did this become acceptable? Oh, right. When we started electing them to public offices. Never mind.

"You know, those two or three days after the Sandy Hook shooting are some of the worst days of my presidency because I met those families right after," Obama said. "And you're talking about 6-year-olds who were just systematically murdered. And that may be one of the few times where I was just shocked that Congress didn't act."

He was "shocked, shocked I say" that Americans managed to bypass the media machine and organize enough to remind their representatives that the criminal broke the law, not them.

Disgusting piece of trash. (You get to decide to what or whom I'm referring)

Blessings,
    Bill

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    "If you like your guns and ammo, you can keep your guns and ammo. No-one is trying to take them from you..."

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    Of course he gives up on gun control.

Let's say he somehow manages to repeal the Second, and gun confiscations follow. Now, with no legal guns, and likely no ammo, the NRA is gone, but then so is the Brady campaign and similar groups. With no anti's, that lobbyist money disappears.

He and his ilk are not going to give up that money.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Well, I think it's clear he doesn't want to take your guns. He just doesn't want you to have them anymore.

Don't you guys speak politic? If not, grab the closest blunt object, beat yourself over the head until things are woozy, then re-read and re-interpret what he's said.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    From the article, but fixed:
    Besser reminded Obama that he promised to be tougher on gun control after the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, in which a [STRIKE]gun-wielding intruder shot 20 children and six adults[/STRIKE]criminal broke the law in December 2012.

What? A criminal broke the law?! When did this become acceptable? Oh, right. When we started electing them to public offices. Never mind.

"You know, those two or three days after the Sandy Hook shooting are some of the worst days of my presidency because I met those families right after," Obama said. "And you're talking about 6-year-olds who were just systematically murdered. And that may be one of the few times where I was just shocked that Congress didn't act."

He was "shocked, shocked I say" that Americans managed to bypass the media machine and organize enough to remind their representatives that the criminal broke the law, not them.

Disgusting piece of trash. (You get to decide to what or whom I'm referring)

Blessings,
    Bill

Thank you for putting my thoughts down in a better way than I could have.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    James Carville was accurate when he said that gun control was " a loser political issue". Stirs up a lot of emotion and most important there is very little money in it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm tired of the NRA being referred to as some sort of monolithic entity, a nameless, faceless behemoth that does nothing but stomp on congress critters necks and forces them to vote the way the NRA sees fit.

The NRA is people. Me. You. Us.

The media has to do that to marginalize it a la Saul Alinsky.

Did you ever hear someone talk about the "evil NRA", and then you speak up and say you're in the NRA.
    Priceless.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    Obama is a liberal. Liberals are for big government. Biggest threat to big government is the people. Armed people are a threat. People must be disarmed. Thee end.

This is why democrats appear (key word) to be for the rights of everyone yet ignore the 2nd admendment right as is if it didn't exist. The only reason democrats "care" about the rights of anyone is to get votes they need to control the government and make it bigger. Of course, in the case of the 2nd amendment you have a right that would help the people overtake a big government so even if you do get more votes by supporting such right it could be a tactical error in the long run of big government. Thus, they do everything they can to limit such right.

Of course in all reality people like Obama don't give a crap about anyone. They could care less about blacks, whites, old people, young people, women, gays, straights, Americans, illegal aliens, other countries, America itself, and the list goes on. If appeasing one of those groups would possibly bring in votes though they'll appear (again key word) to be all for them....

oh, sorry, I digressed.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    James Carville was accurate when he said that gun control was " a loser political issue". Stirs up a lot of emotion and most important there is very little money in it.

Carville was right?

my head may explode

human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Carville made a good living by managing the figureheads of machines so the machine could acquire more money and power, that's really the name of the game in dc. Issues that stir up emotional responses with a lot of voters and don't provide cash for the machine aren't worth messing with. Always follow the money.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Did you ever hear someone talk about the "evil NRA", and then you speak up and say you're in the NRA.
    Priceless.

I prefer to hand them my membership card and not say a word. The look on their face is usually worth far more than the annual membership dues.

10mmMarc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 16, 2015
    Greenwood
    He doesn't want our guns, he just doesn't want us to have them, and he doesn't want anyone else to have them either, except his armed guards of course.
    I bet he would like us to go back to the days when cops only carried a wood night stick too.

And yes to the above post I have had someone mention bad things about the NRA, even went as far to say things about that evil president of the NRA , Wayne Lapierre, obviously they didn't get the memo.
    What else would you expect from a resident of the peoples republic of Long Island ?

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Well, the Liar-In-Chief only wants to take guns away from 3 American groups:

1) Civilians

2) Military

3) Law Enforcement

Never hear him even mention proposing legislation to grab guns away from criminals.

'Curious', eh?

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    What irritates me about the "It's the evil NRA" where do these people think the NRA get's it money and power from? Its WE THE PEOPLE

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I'm tired of the NRA being referred to as some sort of monolithic entity, a nameless, faceless behemoth that does nothing but stomp on congress critters necks and forces them to vote the way the NRA sees fit.

The NRA is people. Me. You. Us.

The media has to do that to marginalize it a la Saul Alinsky.

Priceless.

I prefer to hand them my membership card and not say a word. The look on their face is usually worth far more than the annual membership dues.

And yes to the above post I have had someone mention bad things about the NRA, even went as far to say things about that evil president of the NRA , Wayne Lapierre, obviously they didn't get the memo.
    What else would you expect from a resident of the peoples republic of Long Island ?

I kind of like to think of the NRA as a huge monolith that will crush the politicians and gun grabbers. Wishful thinking.

Top Bottom