NC Bill Declares Federal Gun Control Invalid and not Enforceable.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Doesn't seem like it is meant to affect current law, just some potentially onerous future laws. It's just poking at the bear and likely won't last longer than it take the fedgov to say "Highway Funds Withheld". They've got some pretty big incentives to hit the states with in the form of monies to withhold. These nullification bills are mostly just feel good legislation. When push comes to shove the feds are going to get their way.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Well crap. Not the poke-the-eye I would have dreamed of:

SECTION 4. This act applies only to an infringement on the right to keep and bear arms that occurs on or after the effective date of this act.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Yet another feckless Kentucky Resolution.

If the California of the South wants to "make a statement", which seems to the craze among you kids these days, it could . . . oh, I don't know, repeal a bunch of Norf Cackalacky statutes.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Yet another feckless Kentucky Resolution.

If the California of the South wants to "make a statement", which seems to the craze among you kids these days, it could . . . oh, I don't know, repeal a bunch of Norf Cackalacky statutes.

Too bad the politics surrounding gun ownership isn't equivalent to pot. For if states can legalize pot, they could certainly legalize restricted, taxed, and stamped firearms...in that state, anyway.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Maybe North Carolina could adopt the Freeman Gun Safety Tax Credit Plan (FGSTCP)--above the line tax deductions for gun training classes and expenses--if it wants to "make a statement" and actually do something productive?

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    This seems like a double edged sword. If NC MT etc can nullify federal laws by simply refusing to comply/abide by them, next thing IL etc will refuse to recognize the heller' and 'mcdonald' decisions...of course, DOJ under holder has more than anybody to politicize law enforcement this way.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    This seems like a double edged sword. If NC MT etc can nullify federal laws by simply refusing to comply/abide by them, next thing IL etc will refuse to recognize the heller' and 'mcdonald' decisions...of course, DOJ under holder has more than anybody to politicize law enforcement this way.

Pffft, we don't need no rule of law.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Too bad the politics surrounding gun ownership isn't equivalent to pot. For if states can legalize pot, they could certainly legalize restricted, taxed, and stamped firearms...in that state, anyway.

I find it very telling in a strange and twisted sort of way that any government would be more comfortable with everyone walking around high on pot than with everyone owning a 30 round magazine for an AR. Perhaps they think it is much easier to control the latter scenario.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I find it very telling in a strange and twisted sort of way that any government would be more comfortable with everyone walking around high on pot than with everyone owning a 30 round magazine for an AR. Perhaps they think it is much easier to control the latter scenario.

I would like somebody to explain to me the difference. Under federal law, isn't it illegal to own, manufacture, sell, and transport marajuana? If the states can disregard federal law and allow its citizens to use (bear) and keep marajuana, why can a state so inclined make the same sort of provisions for silencers, SBSs, fully automatic weapons, etc?

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I would like somebody to explain to me the difference. Under federal law, isn't it illegal to own, manufacture, sell, and transport marajuana? If the states can disregard federal law and allow its citizens to use (bear) and keep marajuana, why can a state so inclined make the same sort of provisions for silencers, SBSs, fully automatic weapons, etc?

I sure don't know the answer, but to me it begs the question of exactly what the role of the Federal Government really is and just where is the line between Federal Government intrusion and State autonomy.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

The state isn't disregarding federal law. The feds still enforce those laws in the state. There just is no overlapping state law.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Perhaps you're being ironic, but that's exactly so. Classify everyone as mentally ill, medicate everyone, and disarm them to boot. In three generations no one will remember what it was like when folks weren't always 'mellow'.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN

I fail to see any difference in the two scenarios. Honestly, with that thought process in mind, why would there be any need for the Fed to have any laws claiming authority over a citizen? Shouldnt it leaving the citizen to the state, and the Fed to govern the states..

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    The last time North Carolina decided to "go their own way", it didn't work out all that well.

My great grandfather had to walk back from Mananas missing his right arm from the elbow down.

And my grandmother held a lifelong grudge against the Republicans. They were the ones who shot her Daddy. Who could blame her???

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Do you want more marijuana enforcement?

You missed my point. If the feds have jurisdiction and don't exercise authority of marajuana, what is different that, should a state decide to not participate in assisting the federal enforcement of NFA/GCA/etc, repeal any/all state level laws restricting/prohibiting/regulating such arms---just like Colorado did with mj? If Indiana were to say, we're not going to sign any forms, we're not going to assist the feds in enforcing their laws, and we're going to remove any remaining infringements, wouldn't that be analogous to mj? I realize the politics is different and acknowledged such in an earlier post--I'm just talking about the logic of it.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    You missed my point. If the feds have jurisdiction and don't exercise authority of marajuana, what is different that, should a state decide to not participate in assisting the federal enforcement of NFA/GCA/etc, repeal any/all state level laws restricting/prohibiting/regulating such arms---just like Colorado did with mj? If Indiana were to say, we're not going to sign any forms, we're not going to assist the feds in enforcing their laws, and we're going to remove any remaining infringements, wouldn't that be analogous to mj? I realize the politics is different and acknowledged such in an earlier post--I'm just talking about the logic of it.

Do you think that's what this law does?

Top Bottom