• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Geez, that article passes for professional reporting? Journalism schools are turning out crappy people nowadays.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    All of the proceeds from the lawsuit need to come out of the officers paycheck. It's way past the time to stop making the taxpayers pick up the tab for police stupidity. If the cop has to sell off all his possession to pay off, then so be it.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Judge Sutton continued, With no evidence that Bright was “about to start shooting,” That evidence would be Mr. Northrup was shot in front of his family.

Is there an OHGO?? If not, why not?? If yes, they are not as awesome as we are, but they still need to marshal the forces. Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot, wrong is wrong.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    First question, if Open Carry is LEGAL, then why is it a CONCEALED Carry Permit ?????

Second question, If Open Carry is LEGAL, then WHY did event even happen at all ?????

Indy-Mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Carmel
    Why would you think an article by Gun News, "News by the barrel" would be objective. I wouldn't consider it journalism.

To me that is like taking a news release from almost anyone as 100% fact and not getting comment from the other side or other knowledgable people to give it a balanced approach. Many web only "news stories" seem to run stories like this.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    First question, if Open Carry is LEGAL, then why is it a CONCEALED Carry Permit ?????

Second question, If Open Carry is LEGAL, then WHY did event even happen at all ?????

Open carrying in Ohio is legal without a carry permit. You only need one to conceal carry, so I'm not sure why the offer would be concerned with whether he had a concealed carry permit our not.

romad7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    Judge Sutton continued, With no evidence that Bright was “about to start shooting,” That evidence would be Mr. Northrup was shot in front of his family.

Is there an OHGO?? If not, why not?? If yes, they are not as awesome as we are, but they still need to marshal the forces. Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot, wrong is wrong.

I haven't found anything nearly as good as INGO here, which is why I am on INGO.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Journalism schools are turning out crappy people nowadays.
    False. I Just got out of journalism school a couple years ago, and there's a reason why I'm not in Journalism. The lack of money in the industry. Newspapers are bleeding money, so they first fire the copy editors. that wasn't enough, so the fire a couple reporters, and then the rest of the reporters have to pick up the slack. Whatever your job, I'd like to see what your quality of work looks like when you are now doing the work of 2-3 people and paid the same.

All that said... this is very bad reporting. It is clear to me that this writer did not go to many journalism classes, but studied English. If she did study journalism, she got bad grades.

The days of a professional reporter are over. This is what we can expect from now on. Thanks internet.

Top Bottom