• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fred78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    They had a one hour show on the radio this morning about gun violence what a crock of misinformed baloney talk about a one-sided program. One statistic I loved was that areas with strict gun laws have less shootings . I guess they don't count chicago or detroit. They also had a couple of englishmen on the show telling everyone how they have just about done away with gun violence of course they have replaced it with stabbings and ball bat violence. Oh by the way the 2nd amendment is just for hunters and sporting clays.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    What is NRP?

Also:
    Detroit is a good example of where concealed carry rose and crime went down... I believe it was the chief of police who was taking a bit of heat for accrediting the drop in crime to armed citizens also.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Was it Diane Rehm Show? Yeah, that's wildly liberal.

I was surprised to hear you listened to more than five minutes, then I checked - it was a guest filling in for Diane.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    NPR stands for "nat'l propaganda radio". It's sooo far out in left field that it's on the other side of the fence. They even banned Juan Williams for being "politically incorrect"

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    They had a one hour show on the radio this morning about gun violence what a crock of misinformed baloney talk about a one-sided program. One statistic I loved was that areas with strict gun laws have less shootings . I guess they don't count chicago or detroit. They also had a couple of englishmen on the show telling everyone how they have just about done away with gun violence of course they have replaced it with stabbings and ball bat violence. Oh by the way the 2nd amendment is just for hunters and sporting clays.

Of course areas with strict gun control have less shooting. You should visit Marion County Fish and Game's Friday Night Steel match; there's a lot of shooting going on there.
    NPR would do just that kind of thing; they would count target shooting and hunting as the same as trying to kill people and claim more of it happens in places where people are allowed to have guns.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I saw on FB that I thinK the shrink outright lied about there not being any gun attacks since Australia. They got schooled on twitter BIG TIME by an expert who pointed out at least 3 incidents, including an entire family that was slain since the ban.

Cant find it now... Hopefully somebody else can.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    NPR stands for "nat'l propaganda radio". It's sooo far out in left field that it's on the other side of the fence. They even banned Juan Williams for being "politically incorrect"

Say safe and warm in that echo chamber you've got.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    They also did a whole hour (I assume) on a call-in show called On Point. Could only stand to listen to about 5 minutes. Started from the viewpoint that 'something must be done about gun violence', so begging the question, and made a big deal about how supposedly more americans have died from 'gun violence' since 1968 than killed in all wars since 1776. They must have a REALLY broad definition of 'gun violence'. The Devil and his angels neither sleep nor die

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    A quick search has found that total US war deaths are around 1.25 million. Total gun deaths since 1968 are about 1.4 million but on average 61% of gun deaths are suicides. So adjusting for that, 0.39 x 1.4 million = 546000. Basically not even close, and that total includes ADs and UDs. More Liberal bull:poop:

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Say safe and warm in that echo chamber you've got.

Why is it that liberals insist that those not of their political persuasion listen to their propaganda outlets?
    Don't like Fox News and don't watch it?
    Great, and I don't care.
    Don't like NPR?
    You can always count on a lib to berate and ridicule you for refusing to listen to it.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Why is it that liberals insist that those not of their political persuasion listen to their propaganda outlets?
    Don't like Fox News and don't watch it?
    Great, and I don't care.
    Don't like NPR?
    You can always count on a lib to berate and ridicule you for refusing to listen to it.

[video=youtube;9C4uTEEOJlM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C4uTEEOJlM[/video]

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    NPR has long outlived its purpose. Back before the internet, as the story goes, there were limited (hah) opportunities for persons espousing alternative views, or seeking alternative programming, to find such on the airwaves, which resulting basically in conservative and capitalist broadcasting. Since the airwaves were a public good (that's why they're licensed), it was deemed necessary to create a federally-supported alternative on radio and TV so other perspectives could get airplay.

NOW however, the internet and cable has shattered that rationale. There are limitless opportunities for alternative viewpoints to get out there. And the mainstream media is much less buttoned-up and conservative than it used to be.

Time to privatize NPR and PBS. Let the Libs put their money where their mouths are (so to speak).

Top Bottom