• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Why? Just Why? :xmad:

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/nat...le-lets-suspected-terrorists-buy-guns-n467841

Pelosi says - "Outrageous that we would slam the door on women and children but allow terrorists to buy guns"

Schumer says - "Under current law, suspected or known terrorists who are on a no-fly list can legally purchase firearms in this country. They can walk into a gun show, no questions asked, and buy a gun or buy explosives"

Now where do they come up with this s*** and why do some people actually believe them?
    If any of this is true, maybe the government should stop giving terrorists proper IDs and citizenship.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    The No Fly List which is an affront to Due Process, has innocent people on it because they share their names with suspected terrorists. That No Fly List?

The people on the List still have to pass the NICS (for the most part) before a firearm is purchased. Does this mean they consider the FBI accomplices to arming terrorists?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Maybe it's an operation where they let the terrorists get but their guns then see what they do with them. :):

Wait...that sounds familiar...

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It's outrageous that we have politicians spouting such nonsense.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    That group gets older and uglier every year, that and the same stale message never change.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Pretty sure no fly list status will fail a NICS check, won't it?

No. The 'no fly' list is by name only and by accusation/suspicion only with no due process or actual investigation. It opens the door to a problem that I encountered in a biography of John Paul Jones. He was born John Paul (not an ancestor to Ron or Rand to the best of my knowledge). He had a brush with the law and started calling himself John Jones since in the location where he landed in the colonies, as the author put it, 'you could not throw a rock without hitting a John Jones' thus affording himself a great deal of anonymity. This is the reverse of that situation. Rather than being hidden behind a huge crowd of John Joneses, ALL John Jonses are treated as watch list material, and under the legislation being pushed by Pelosi et alia, ALL John Joneses would be stripped of their Second Amendment rights.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    That's my question and NOBODY is the media is asking it: If these SUSPECTED or KNOWN TERRORISTS are suspected or known to be terrorists, what the HELL are they doing roaming freely about our nation? Pack these S.O.B. up and send them to Guantanamo.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    That's my question and NOBODY is the media is asking it: If these SUSPECTED or KNOWN TERRORISTS are suspected or known to be terrorists, what the HELL are they doing roaming freely about our nation? Pack these S.O.B. up and send them to Guantanamo.
    I think the PC crowd says that would offend the terrorists. Probably something about racist too.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Why? Just Why? :xmad:

Sen. Chuck Schumer: Close Loophole That Lets Suspected Terrorists Buy Guns - NBC News

Now where do they come up with this s*** and why do some people actually believe them?
    If any of this is true, maybe the government should stop giving terrorists proper IDs and citizenship.

They haven't come up with anything new, not really. It's just the same, tired rhetoric, repackaged and freshened up a bit to reflect current events. Here you have people intent on doing evil still managing to find plenty of guns and explosives in countries where obtaining them is about as difficult as a democrat's wet dream.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The No Fly List which is an affront to Due Process, has innocent people on it because they share their names with suspected terrorists. That No Fly List?

The people on the List still have to pass the NICS (for the most part) before a firearm is purchased. Does this mean they consider the FBI accomplices to arming terrorists?

No. The 'no fly' list is by name only and by accusation/suspicion only with no due process or actual investigation. It opens the door to a problem that I encountered in a biography of John Paul Jones. He was born John Paul (not an ancestor to Ron or Rand to the best of my knowledge). He had a brush with the law and started calling himself John Jones since in the location where he landed in the colonies, as the author put it, 'you could not throw a rock without hitting a John Jones' thus affording himself a great deal of anonymity. This is the reverse of that situation. Rather than being hidden behind a huge crowd of John Joneses, ALL John Jonses are treated as watch list material, and under the legislation being pushed by Pelosi et alia, ALL John Joneses would be stripped of their Second Amendment rights.

At first I thought it was ridiculous that a no fly list member could buy a gun if they were a suspected terrorist. Then I believe it was Mr. Relford who pointed out that while on the very surface it sounded reasonable, but then the issue that there is no due process to get off of it really. That sounds about a good idea as the death penalty with no chance for an appeal.

Given how relatively easy it is for those who SHOULD be on the no fly list to get weapons of ALL types via the black market (Paris attackers anyone?), I dont see a good reason to even CONSIDER the thought of that.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Their fallacy is still that they think they can prevent bad people from getting weapons. They simply cannot accept that keeping a weapon away from a person who intends to do bad things is impossible. Just look at all the things that try to keep an uninsured/unlicensed/drunk driver from driving a car. The only way to stop them would be to eliminate all motorized vehicles but you don't see anyone trying that idea out in legislation.

The real sad part is they probably genuinely believe that they would make the country safer with stupid legislation like this.

Same stuff different day I suppose.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Their fallacy is still that they think they can prevent bad people from getting weapons. They simply cannot accept that keeping a weapon away from a person who intends to do bad things is impossible. Just look at all the things that try to keep an uninsured/unlicensed/drunk driver from driving a car. The only way to stop them would be to eliminate all motorized vehicles but you don't see anyone trying that idea out in legislation.

The real sad part is they probably genuinely believe that they would make the country safer with stupid legislation like this.

Same stuff different day I suppose.

Beg to differ. They know this legislation would make no difference. They want a disarmed populace, pure and simple.

And they're NEVER going to crack down on crime, because it's a result of _________ (fill in the blank) and nobody's fault.

Top Bottom