• ...and so much more!
  • Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    Can someone explain this to me.
    Ind. Code § 14-16-1-23 : Indiana Code - Section 14-16-1-23: Restrictions on operation

It looks to me like, at any time, anywhere, you can not have a firearm with you on a "orv" (4 wheeler, ranger or such) without it being unloaded, and securely encased and/or made inoperable with a trigger lock.

There is no provision for being on ones own property or if someone has a ltch and is carrying. At any rate, how is this not a direct infringement?

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    Ok, I see that part now, but that only covers part of the question. Still, by the language, a co who comes on your property unannounced, and uninvited, (the term "open fields" comes to mind) could cite you for, driving a utv or atv of some sort with a rifle that is not unloaded and in a case or has a trigger lock.

Is is this correct?

l'm holding out for you Kirk, because I know that you know your stuff.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    a co who comes on your property unannounced, and uninvited

Ok, and we are worried about Conservation Officers doing rifle checks because . . . ? I'd post your property lines and buy a 125cc motorcycle.

could cite you for, driving a utv or atv of some sort with a rifle that is not unloaded and in a case or has a trigger lock.

Correct, the CO could. The interesting thing about Title 14 is that it get the Attorney General in on enforcement. A unique chapter to say the least.

Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    Not really worried as such. Just wondering how far it could be taken. It came to mind this evening when I remembered about it happening to an older guy that I did some bulldozing for a while back. He has over 200 acres and was out on his gator when he came across the CO in his woods. Told me that he "wrote him up" for having a rifle with him that was loaded.

Just seems wrong wrong in a lot of ways to me.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Anybody else ever notice when folks come on here wanting to know how to troubleshoot an air conditioner, people in the know try to give as specific information as possible; same with how to wire a three way switch or how to best access a fuel pump on a pickup truck. I'm not sure why questions about legal type stuff has to be equivalent to decyphering parables or figuring out a Rosetta stone.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Anybody else ever notice when folks come on here wanting to know how to troubleshoot an air conditioner, people in the know try to give as specific information as possible; same with how to wire a three way switch or how to best access a fuel pump on a pickup truck. I'm not sure why questions about legal type stuff has to be equivalent to decyphering parables or figuring out a Rosetta stone.

"A" Rosetta Stone? There's more than one????? (other than the "learn a new language" people at rosettastone.com)

Top Bottom