So the confiscation begins.................

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    They may try, but then they may roll up on the one random psychopath and get more than they asked for.

The whole point of the proposed confiscation is to get guns out of the hands of someone who "is a danger to themself or OTHERS".

Hmmm randomly show up to try and take guns from someone who is suspected of being dangerous towards others? Idiots.

Standing by for the ending to this story.....

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    WOW!
    On the positive side...There's a whole lot of people that swore to uphold and defend the constitution. Let me see.....Oh yea, both foreign and domestic enemies.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Yup, people deemed mentally dangerous enough to not own weapons reacting to LE showing up unannounced to take their firearms? Glad I am not California LE.

You know some of the prime targets (to turn in) are going to be that "crazy uncle Mike, who has way too many guns and looks at Alex Jones' website all day". This has potential to end badly for a lot of people on the pointy end of enforcement. Maybe the SWAT teams needed something to do. . . . :dunno:

Or, maybe nothing will happen.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Yup, people deemed mentally dangerous enough to not own weapons reacting to LE showing up unannounced to take their firearms? Glad I am not California LE.

You know some of the prime targets (to turn in) are going to be that "crazy uncle Mike, who has way too many guns and looks at Alex Jones' website all day". This has potential to end badly for a lot of people on the pointy end of enforcement. Maybe the SWAT teams needed something to do. . . . :dunno:

Or, maybe nothing will happen.
    No, it's going to happen. This gives them the chance to show off their "powers" and they're coming. They're starting at both coasts and headed inland.
    Good Luck to them as they're going to need it.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'd rather save this specific thread title, or a more pressing variant of it, for a true "hey, they're coming to your door now" situation.

While this article does raise concerns, it's not the "hill to die on" moment yet.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I'd rather save this specific thread title, or a more pressing variant of it, for a true "hey, they're coming to your door now" situation.

While this article does raise concerns, it's not the "hill to die on" moment yet.
    No, but it is an alarm clock telling you to put your pants on and get the coffee ready. It's time to wake up.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    No, but it is an alarm clock telling you to put your pants on and get the coffee ready. It's time to wake up.

And that's fine, it's definitely a move in the wrong direction. But true confiscation isn't going to be led up to with a Breitbart news article. I dunno... I just don't see it being a slow process where people have plenty of warning.

Yet, I also don't see the country in such a bad shape wherein it would be a snap decision... I don't even know. The former does seem more likely... slow, where fewer people at a time care, until it's all gone. But... "confiscation" feels like a strong word here given the context. Californians need to get their **** together, regardless.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Wake me when Indiana starts adopting California-style gun laws.

At a certain level, I feel bad for Californians. And yet, not really.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Taking the glass half-full point of view, I look at it as laying the groundwork for a good precedent-setting lawsuit on when a couple of unjust confiscations occur.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    And that's fine, it's definitely a move in the wrong direction. But true confiscation isn't going to be led up to with a Breitbart news article. I dunno... I just don't see it being a slow process where people have plenty of warning.

Yet, I also don't see the country in such a bad shape wherein it would be a snap decision... I don't even know. The former does seem more likely... slow, where fewer people at a time care, until it's all gone. But... "confiscation" feels like a strong word here given the context. Californians need to get their **** together, regardless.

It won't be all at once. It would get out of hand quickly. It will go something like this:

Those suspected of being mentally ill.
    Ever more strict criteria for criminals.
    No more future sales.
    No one over 75.
    No one without a particular license with a training requirement.
    Only veterans and LEO can own.
    Only LEO can own.
    No one can own a personal firearm.

All of these will be accompanied by crises making the restrictions common sense.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I can remember back to 1966. What starts in California ends up drifting to the rest of the country "because it worked so well for California". It starts out as something minor, then they grow a whole government agency to implemement it. The agency takes it from the sublime to the ridiculous, then the whole country is forced into the insanity.

What happens in the land of the fruits and nuts IS important to the future good of this country.

Top Bottom