• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE
    Sorry to disappoint ! I've just been looking over stuff, trying to make sense of why gun laws n such are the way they are today... And I stumbled on this little gem. It explains a lot.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    All the militia talk is interesting. In Indiana, most of us, by statute and the Constitution, are members of the militia.

HOWEVER, as the Supreme Court has already decided that our right to keep and bear arms is not dependent upon militia membership, I'll stick with that.

trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE

trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE
    All the militia talk is interesting. In Indiana, most of us, by statute and the Constitution, are members of the militia.

HOWEVER, as the Supreme Court has already decided that our right to keep and bear arms is not dependent upon militia membership, I'll stick with that.
    Since I was born a Wyoming boy, I can honestly say I've never read the Indiana constitution. You have inspired me to do so. Thank you Sir! I should prolly do that fo' sure.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Thank you, pretty much rehashed what was in the article that I had already posted at the start of the thread. I wasn't aware of any chain email concerning this information. Thank you for your 2 cents though!

Yes, the Dick Act nonsense was an e-mail that went viral shortly after Newtown. I remember similar articles in the gun culture going around after Stockton in 1989.

Since I was born a Wyoming boy, I can honestly say I've never read the Indiana constitution. You have inspired me to do so. Thank you Sir! I should prolly do that fo' sure.

Article 12, §1 is the cited language.

http://www.law.indiana.edu/uslawdocs/inconst.html

Top Bottom