• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    Today I was told that the Governor had signed an executive order or something and the guy had thought of me as soon as he heard it, and that I should be careful. The jist of it was that ALL handguns now needed a license to be carried, something about "intent to carry" even my black powder 1851 that I carry because I refuse to get a license.

I looked a bit but can not find hide nor hair of anything remotely close to this and it appeared there has only been 2 executive order signed this year. Am I missing something?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Today I was told that the Governor had signed an executive order or something and the guy had thought of me as soon as he heard it, and that I should be careful. The jist of it was that ALL handguns now needed a license to be carried, something about "intent to carry" even my black powder 1851 that I carry because I refuse to get a license.

I looked a bit but can not find hide nor hair of anything remotely close to this and it appeared there has only been 2 executive order signed this year. Am I missing something?
    I am raising a flag here, it has the letters a B and S. It just doesn't sound right to me

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Why do gun nuts spout such nonsense at gun shops and gun shows?

1. They want to "help" and have something to contribute as a topic of discussion.

2. They want to sound out a rumor that they have heard but they phase it in a declaratory, instead of interrogatory, tone.

The horrific abuses of power at the federal level and a weak public education system wherein citizens do not understand how laws are made are the plowed and fertilized soil in which these silly rumors grow.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I don't think all of them are drunkards. Certainly the gun culture has those who are substance abusers (dude, I'm at the NRA convention, I am going to smell plenty of booze on people), not everyone who makes these silly questions is a drunk.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    To sidetrack a wee bit, I was told tonight that the speaker believed that there was a law in Indiana forbidding a person from carrying while behind a bar. I replied that this might be an ABC rule (alcoholic beverage commission, that is) but that I was sure it was not a law. My question here would be if any such official regulatory action exists in this state or any other, to anyone's knowledge. If so, a cite would be appreciated.

Needless to say, I gave it no credence and politely flew the :bs: flag mentioned upthread, but I would like to know if I was correct or if I should in the future reply as did Tucker Carlson, "No, it's not."

[video=youtube;ospNRk2uM3U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ospNRk2uM3U[/video]

Pure beauty, that comment. Pity it (and the police dogs) is/are the only thing of beauty in that video.

Blessings,
    Bill

seagullplayer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2016
    Crawford Co
    Sometimes you got to take things with a grain of salt as they say.

Some places you need to carry a shaker with you, anywhere old men gather to drink coffee and it would appear any gun shop.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    It would take more than the Gov signing an "executive order", it is codified state law. It would require an act of the legislature to change it.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    So I heard about the Lifetime concealed carry permit is on the chopping block this fall. Also they are going to limit the amount of ammo you can buy at once time to 19 rds.

Top Bottom