• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    The NRA ranks like 75th in terms of lobbying dollars spent. The SEIU is number one, spending over twice what the number two group does....with about 97% going to democrats.

damn NRA!

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Honestly I hope they keep it up. Gun control has always been a losing issue for Dems outside of the deep blue states on the coasts.

Generally speaking, when they run on a gun control platform they lose.

Last edited:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    HRC has already declared that she is going to, "Take on the evil gun-lobby...", and it will be a central theme in her platform.
    Her base is expecting it, and will be more than just disappointed if she "tones it down."

She'll double-down and push harder than ever.
    After all, look how successful and popular her husbands ASB was...

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    They need to be proud of their beliefs and shout them everywhere they go.

Just like that slimy Evan Bayh. I am sure he will not want to talk about how he will vote the party bosses that will disarm us.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I think they have brainwashed another generation deep in to the college crowd. I think they are gonna see if they can get it pushed thru. I have a gun owning friend that says he'd rather lose a couple guns than vote for trump. I think a lot of casual gun owners aren't one issue voters like many here.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Gun control is a looser political issue, said by no less than James Carville. There's no money to speak of in it for a self serving politician and you make more enemies than friends.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Gun control is a looser political issue, said by no less than James Carville. There's no money to speak of in it for a self serving politician and you make more enemies than friends.

Where did they find old serpent-head? Did someone drag a $100 bill through a trailer park?

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A

Thats true but remember posts above about CA and MA current events. Gun control is in their DNA and they think its their time to go for it.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Might be, but bill thought the same thing years ago and sweet talked a lot of congress into going along with him. The dem bloodbath in congress during the following off season elections isn't something easily forgotten.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Just remember, they said tone it down - not give up on it. The idea is to reshape the debate and fight the long culture war.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2...fundamental-dishonesty-gun-control-advocates/

Screen-Shot-2016-07-21-at-10.02.40-AM-768x713.png

Their game plan is a spoonful of sugar to help the bitter pill of unconstitutional interference go down. What is most noticeable about this is the break from Rules for Radicals; no longer are they personalizing the issue to freeze it or ridicule it. That has failed so they must ignore a key tenant of their playbook. What other breaks in strategy might we see?

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    384   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    " lot of casual gun owners aren't one issue voters like many here. "

I think they have brainwashed another generation deep in to the college crowd. I think they are gonna see if they can get it pushed thru. I have a gun owning friend that says he'd rather lose a couple guns than vote for trump. I think a lot of casual gun owners aren't one issue voters like many here.

One issue voters like many here??
    Like:
    Security of Our Nation
    Safety of our streets
    Give away of our paychecks through Welfare, immigration, taxation , across the board wasteful "Pork Barrel" spending
    Close to 20 TRILLION Dept
    AND YES
    Our Second Amendment....

To ME--A Lot more than ONE ISSUE voters...Bill.

Top Bottom