• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I love how they always ignore the polls that are strongly against new gun laws. There have been dozens in the last two years posted about on INGO, all resoundingly pro-gun, and not a one has gotten on the news.

Bartman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    "The poll was conducted July 7 to July 11, shortly after a string of high-profile shootings. That included the Orlando nightclub massacre that left 50 dead, including the gunman, and 53 others wounded, and the fatal police shootings of black men in Minnesota and Louisiana. Most interviews took place after the sniper attack that killed five officers in Dallas."

The media tends to focus on polls conducted immediately after mass shootings. But while the gun grabbing politicians never sleep, public support for more severe gun restrictions seems to fade quickly with time i.e. the polls that don't support their narrative. It always seems to me that the "90%" and the "two thirds" don't have the stomach for the long haul.

Sonney

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    I don't see how new laws or more laws will stop anything. If anyone wanted to do harm to another person no law would stop it. All the laws do is to show you what will happen if you get caught. With so many murders in Chicago you could hurt someone there and never get caught. Look at their gun laws.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I saw this article re-posted on Yahoo news and judging by the comments section it seems like an overwhelming number of posters are against stricter gun control/bans and would vote differently in such a poll.

Theses stupid polls are meant for only one thing and that's to dupe as many people as they possibly can into thinking a "majority" support stricter gun laws.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    All it does for me is encourage me to go out and buy more assult weapons, assult ammo and high capacity aasult magazines.

Stupid media making me run out of money...

billmyn

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    160   0   1
    Mar 19, 2009
    New Ross
    The Washington Post and the Associated press are nothing more than Scumbag sellouts to this country, nothing but lies and poison come from them!

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The main stream media has always had an agenda to push (sell) and they use whatever they can to plant the seed in peoples mind that the majority want XYZ and if you don't think and feel the same way there is something wrong with you and you are part of the problem. And of course they use data that is completely wrong and show their ignorance when they use incorrect terminology when talking about guns BUT too many people buy into it. That's why we need to stick together to educate people on guns and speak with our votes

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    "The poll was conducted July 7 to July 11, shortly after a string of high-profile shootings. That included the Orlando nightclub massacre that left 50 dead, including the gunman, and 53 others wounded, and the fatal police shootings of black men in Minnesota and Louisiana. Most interviews took place after the sniper attack that killed five officers in Dallas."

The media tends to focus on polls conducted immediately after mass shootings. But while the gun grabbing politicians never sleep, public support for more severe gun restrictions seems to fade quickly with time i.e. the polls that don't support their narrative. It always seems to me that the "90%" and the "two thirds" don't have the stomach for the long haul.

AP Bull**** said:
    Nearly two-thirds of respondents expressed support for stricter laws, with majorities favoring nationwide bans on the sale of semi-automatic assault weapons such as the AR-15 and on the sale of high-capacity magazines holding 10 or more bullets.

I'm not really that surprised at the results, when the poll is taken after an onslaught of directed, coordinated reporting that these guns are "weapons of war" which "spray high power bullets". The purpose of the poll may as well be to assess how successful the subversion has been.

If the press were honest about it, and reported the facts as they are, would the polling numbers be the same? For example, if they spoke factually about the civilian AR/AK platforms, would people think they're weapons of war? Would they think they spray bullets? Would they have a more realistic outlook on firearms and lethality?

ON the question of universal background checks, the press tends to tout that as a sort of effective deterrent, when it's unclear to what extent background checks are effective at all. If they were honest about that, would people support it?

It's intellectually dishonest to report straw monsters, and then hype up a poll that says people increasingly support controlling straw monsters.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'm not really that surprised at the results, when the poll is taken after an onslaught of directed, coordinated reporting that these guns are "weapons of war" which "spray high power bullets". The purpose of the poll may as well be to assess how successful the subversion has been.

If the press were honest about it, and reported the facts as they are, would the polling numbers be the same? For example, if they spoke factually about the civilian AR/AK platforms, would people think they're weapons of war? Would they think they spray bullets? Would they have a more realistic outlook on firearms and lethality?

ON the question of universal background checks, the press tends to tout that as a sort of effective deterrent, when it's unclear to what extent background checks are effective at all. If they were honest about that, would people support it?

It's intellectually dishonest to report ASSAULT straw monsters, and then hype up a poll that says people increasingly support controlling ASSAULT straw monsters.
    FIFY

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I love how they always ignore the polls that are strongly against new gun laws. There have been dozens in the last two years posted about on INGO, all resoundingly pro-gun, and not a one has gotten on the news.

Yup. Hundreds of polls, and they get ONE.

[video=youtube;HMIyDf3gBoY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMIyDf3gBoY[/video]

Top Bottom