Chris Christie gets it right on 2A laws... twice!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Historically Christie, while not a gun banner, has certainly not been the best on gun laws. However, it looks like he has pulled a couple of legislative moves that are clearly pro-gun. Neither are guaranteed to make it through the full legislative process, but I'll give him credit for pushing things in the right direction in New Jersey.

Short version: Christie has issued "conditional vetoes" of two anti-gun bills. Conditional vetoes in NJ allow the governor to propose alternative text that would be more acceptable. The details of these conditional vetoes is notable.
    • Bill #1- Vetoed a bill that locks down NJ's harsh "may issue" standards and calls for making NJ "shall issue".
    • Bill #2- NJ has had laws for some time that effectively have kept smart guns off the market by dictating that as soon as any smart gun started to sell at retail anywhere in the US, only smart guns could be sold in NJ. He proposes stripping out these restrictions entirely and allowing people and FFLs the freedom to buy/sell smart guns without dictates, aka consumer choice.
    Governor Christie's Conditional Veto: Make NJ "Shall Issue", Unleash "Smart Guns" - The Truth About Guns

:yesway: :yesway:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Historically Christie, while not a gun banner, has certainly not been the best on gun laws. However, it looks like he has pulled a couple of legislative moves that are clearly pro-gun. Neither are guaranteed to make it through the full legislative process, but I'll give him credit for pushing things in the right direction in New Jersey.

Short version: Christie has issued "conditional vetoes" of two anti-gun bills. Conditional vetoes in NJ allow the governor to propose alternative text that would be more acceptable. The details of these conditional vetoes is notable.
    • Bill #1- Vetoed a bill that locks down NJ's harsh "may issue" standards and calls for making NJ "shall issue".
    • Bill #2- NJ has had laws for some time that effectively have kept smart guns off the market by dictating that as soon as any smart gun started to sell at retail anywhere in the US, only smart guns could be sold in NJ. He proposes stripping out these restrictions entirely and allowing people and FFLs the freedom to buy/sell smart guns without dictates, aka consumer choice.
    Governor Christie's Conditional Veto: Make NJ "Shall Issue", Unleash "Smart Guns" - The Truth About Guns

:yesway: :yesway:

Those are actually some sensible moves, however, I don't have the time to look at exactly what the outcome would be. I don't know what, if anything, he's still giving away. He is the fat ass puss bag, after all.

I don't trust RINO Christie any farther than I could throw him into the wind.

I don't trust the fat ass puss bag either. During the primaries I viewed him as the most dangerous Republican in the race. My opinion of him hasn't changed for the better.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Huh...Admittedly, I haven't read the link and am commenting based on pudly's synopsis but I would guess Christie is planning on running for president again and wants to build up his 2A resume.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Huh...Admittedly, I haven't read the link and am commenting based on pudly's synopsis but I would guess Christie is planning on running for president again and wants to build up his 2A resume.
    I think you are correct. His views changed suddenly a year ago when he decided to run.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Those are actually some sensible moves, however, I don't have the time to look at exactly what the outcome would be. I don't know what, if anything, he's still giving away. He is the fat ass puss bag, after all.

I don't trust the fat ass puss bag either. During the primaries I viewed him as the most dangerous Republican in the race. My opinion of him hasn't changed for the better.
    Maybe you should just refer to him as the FAP.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Well, around the kid I actually do, but I spell it FAPB. I don't refer to him as FAP because I don't want my kid googling that.

I take it your youngster is still at an age where you say 'Johnson' and 'Gary' is what comes to his mind as opposed to, well, something else.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Christie has always shown that any action he takes is for personal gain.
    I don't trust the fat pig mafia pawn any farther than I can crap.
    On his upside though... He or one of his aides will sell you a tunnel or bridge and help run it for you.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    jamil: Son, it's time we had a talk about the "birds and bees".

son-of-jamil: Sure, Dad. What do you want to know?

:lmfao:

Christie has always shown that any action he takes is for personal gain.
    I don't trust the fat pig mafia pawn any farther than I can crap.
    On his upside though... He or one of his aides will sell you a tunnel or bridge and help run it for you.

I certainly don't trust him, but I won't complain that he is working for our side, at least for the time being, however long that may last.

Top Bottom