• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    Ok so I'm sure everyone has seen the movie 13hrs I myself have watched it many times and I'm sure there is some Hilary Clinton fans out there, so I asked my sister if she and her husband would like to watch the movie and she said no cause she likes Hilary and said the movie was propaganda and I said well it's a true story, I was surprised she said that, so sorry this movie tells the truth that she f@*ked up, now I'm no politics expert but all the bs from her how can anyone trust her? Or why would we trust her?,

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Have you seen the movie that came out in theaters about Hillary? "Hillary's America"?? You should ask your sister to watch that hahahaha thank God no one in my family (that I know of) likes Hillary!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Just saw the movie two days ago.
    The movie is based on real events but I'm sure there are many inaccuracies just like any movie based on real events.

[h=2]Historical accuracy[edit][/h]The film's historical accuracy has been disputed. In the film's most controversial scene, the CIA chief in Benghazi (identified only as "Bob") tells the military contractors there, who seek permission to go defend the embassy, to "stand down", thus denying them permission. The real-life CIA chief stated that there was no stand-down order.[SUP][49][/SUP] His statement was echoed by the bipartisan Senate Intelligence Committee's finding that there was "no evidence of intentional delay or obstruction by the Chief of Base or any other party".[SUP][50][/SUP] However, National Review commentator David French argues that the Senate committee cited above found plenty of evidence of the "stand down" order in the form of personal testimonies. It just chose to rule that the contrary testimony outweighed it.[SUP][51][/SUP]
    Kris "Tonto" Paronto, a CIA contractor who was involved in action during the event said, "We were told to 'stand down'. Those words were used verbatim—100 percent. If the truth of it affects someone's political career? Well, I'm sorry. It happens."[SUP][52][/SUP] Paronto has been accused of fabricating his account in order to make money, because he "had a book to sell and a movie to help promote".[SUP][53][/SUP] The CIA base chief portrayed in the film has directly contradicted Paronto's claims, saying "There never was a stand-down order... At no time did I ever second-guess that the team would depart."[SUP][54][/SUP]
    Also disputed is the film's portrayal that air support was denied. A House Armed Services report found that air support was unavailable, or it would have arrived too late to make a difference.[SUP][44][/SUP] French defended the film's references to air support, writing that even if resources could not have been flown in during the time available, this would itself be "scandalous", given Libya's known instability.[SUP][51][/SUP] In July 2016, the Republican-led House Select Committee on Benghazi released its report that included numerous witnesses indicating that U.S. military help was available, but not called upon. The report indicated the Department of the Defense would not provide the requested list of military assets that were available that night.[SUP][55][/SUP]
    American conservative columnist Deroy Murdock wrote that the film confirmed his personal view that President Barack Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton were lying when they initially blamed the YouTube video Innocence of Muslims for the attacks in the weeks after they occurred. The video led to various protests among Muslims around the world, and Obama and others initially stated publicly that the Benghazi attacks emerged from such a protest. Murdock noted that 13 Hours instead portrays the attacks as having been initiated by "well-armed jihadists who know exactly what they are doing".[SUP][56][/SUP]
    Zack Beauchamp of Vox criticized the film overall, writing that its depiction of the alleged stand-down order and the availability of air support indirectly promoted "pernicious conspiracy theories" that President Obama and/or Secretary Clinton did not want the embassy to be defended.[SUP][50][/SUP]

I'm sure many people ****ed up at many levels.
    Including the Lybians, since it's the host country's responsibility to protect embassies.
    They were the closest military force.
    It's a bit too easy to blame everything on Clinton IMO.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    The movie is based on real events but I'm sure there are many inaccuracies just like any movie based on real events.

Including the Lybians, since it's the host country's responsibility to protect embassies.

To say that EVERYTHING is her fault would be an overstatement, even with as little as I know of the details: It is very rare that anything is ALL the fault of one person.

That said, that everything was not her fault does not at the same time exonerate her.

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Hillary failed to answer that 3:00AM phone call and four Americans died...PERIOD.

Far be it from me to defend Hillary. I do wonder if she was the only one who could answer that call. I don't know if it's a valid comparison, but I think of a volunteer fire service: If the pager goes off, 30 people hear it, and none of them get up and go, is it only the chief's fault? or the asst. chief? or??? or??? or??? (there is such a service near me. They used to have an ambulance as well, but no longer. There also used to be a nursing home in their town. When we, the paid 911 service, got a call to that home, they got toned at the same time. Seldom would anyone get up and go enroute to get their ambulance on the first, second, or even third tone. Sometimes we'd get a response on the fourth, but often, we'd hit a fifth tone before we finally arrived and took care of the patient... but let a car accident happen or a structure fire, and they'd be responding out of the woodwork. Note that I said they USED to have an ambulance... this is the reason they no longer do. My point is that the fault in that case, and IMHO, the full liability, falls to every single person individually who rolled over and shut off the pager for the old people.)

What I don't know is if Hillary was the only one who was capable and responsible for answering the phone call to which you refer.

Blessings,
    Bill

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    To say that EVERYTHING is her fault would be an overstatement, even with as little as I know of the details: It is very rare that anything is ALL the fault of one person.

Perhaps a better comment would be everything was her RESPONSIBILITY.

She he was so excited celebrating Arab Spring like it was a bunch of college kids Occupying Wall Street that she overlooked the real dangers while she was busy running for President.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield

Not just Chris "Tonto", made the claim, all four of the survivors made the claim, before the movie! Sigonella, Italy was only a couple hours away, the "event" lasted 13 hours! Do you know how many sorties could have flown in 13 hours? A bunch, I could tell you, if I knew exactly what aircraft and how many were available in Italy. But, just ONE could have saved American lives!

burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    It's disgraceful how our government can trade terrorists for trators and let Americans die and lie to our faces and smile and let them rule and make what they think is good choices

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I saw it in the theater and my wife picked a DVD today. I remember when it came out the critics who hated it sounded like Hillary's sycophants and most complaints were based on not having a basic understanding of the reality of a situation such as what happened at Benghazi. When Blackhawk Down came out in theaters I remember similar complaints from critics because they didn't understand radio call-signs such as Super 6-4.

A lot of blame to go around here. I'm more qualified to be SECDEF than Leon Panetta (based on experience, education and training anyway) and I remember yelling bull**** at the TV when gave an explanation on not sending support because we never send forces into an area we don't know the situation. I do believe that's why we have Special Operations Forces and why it is so hard to join that world.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Saw the movie, what convinces me of Hillary's culpability is her incessant lies about and prosecution of a bad film maker.

What i think really happened. BHO and hillary intended to give the ambassador to the Arab Spring with very little resistance. HRC would then begin a long drawn out negotiation for the return of the Ambassador and become a national hero. Oh, and a shoe in as the next PO(tu)S.:tinfoil:

burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    I'd love to ask my sister why she likes a person who can just look the United States people in the eyes and lie, it makes me sick, general Patton is rolling over in his grave about what this country has become, we have special forces guys that can sneak in and out before the bad guys know what hit them and Hilary just twirls her thumbs

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Not just Chris "Tonto", made the claim, all four of the survivors made the claim, before the movie! Sigonella, Italy was only a couple hours away, the "event" lasted 13 hours! Do you know how many sorties could have flown in 13 hours? A bunch, I could tell you, if I knew exactly what aircraft and how many were available in Italy. But, just ONE could have saved American lives!

I agree, with ALL of the above, and AMEN, to THAT !!!!!

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Just watched the movie this afternoon for 99 cents on AppleTV. Good movie, very intense. Somebody up the chain of command clearly F'd up. It's inexcusable to have had those men have to go through those horrors because someone sitting in a chair could not/would not make the right decision to get them the help they needed.

burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    Exactly they had a drone overhead, those things can carry bombs right?, but as u saw in the movie the guys did kick some ass, that teach them to mess with our soldiers

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Exactly they had a drone overhead, those things can carry bombs right?, but as u saw in the movie the guys did kick some ass, that teach them to mess with our soldiers

Depends. Early versions of the Predator were for surveillance only. Later versions were upgraded to carry weapons.

The drone over head in Benghazi was a MQ-1 Predator. I don't believe it was an armed version, although at the same time in Libya there were armed MQ-9 Reapers in the skies over Libya.

All and all, those in the White House and State, allowed those men to die.

burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    We need to have men like them in our government, not what we have now, Obama and Hillary can't make any right decision, they like to play Russian roulette with the US

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Not even remotely close to 2a.
    Maybe politics, but since the movie was the basis, it's been moved to break room.
    Great movie btw.

Top Bottom