The push to REQUIRE all firearms dealers to have a SMART gun available.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    H.R. 6080: Modernizing Firearm Technology Act

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/114/hr6080/text

(1)Each licensed dealer shall maintain a personalized handgun in the sales inventory of the licensed dealer, prominently display a personalized handgun at the location specified on the license to deal in firearms issued to the licensed dealer under this chapter, and offer a personalized handgun for sale to members of the public who are not prohibited by law from possessing a handgun.
    (2)Paragraph (1) shall not apply to a pawnbroker or a person who deals in only antique firearms.

Smart gun bill introduced in Congress

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    From the status page- Prognosis: 1% chance of being enacted. It has no co-sponsors, so I don't see this going anywhere. Just another Democrat virtue-signaling to his constituents before the upcoming election.

If you want, they offer a quick emoji setup for "voting" on the bill.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Hundreds, maybe thousands of stunningly-stupid proposals like this are introduced in every session of every legislative body in the country. Thankfully, the overwhelming majority never reach a vote and the authors know they won't up front.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    A lot of these dopes do these things knowing full well that they will go nowhere just so they can trumpet to their constituents the phrase "I introduced such and such a bill" no matter how stupid they are. They want credit for the act of proposing such nonsense.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    How can they dictate what a store sales? What a stupid bill.

Lemme ask Chief Justice Roberts. Hold on.

He says that the federal government can do whatever it wants as long as his wife get invited to the right cocktail parties in Georgetown. Oh, and stop typing on INGO and go buy your health insurance mach schnell.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Amend it. Said firearm will be supplied by the US Govt at no cost. Further, the US Govt will hold said dealer harmless in the event of firearm malfunction, particularly the SMART device and components.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    What a crock of crap. Stores can sell whatever the heck they want.

Don't need the .gov shoving "smart" guns down our throats.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think my "put your money where your mouth is" tax plan would take care of this nonsense. You want me to have "smart guns", then you buy them for me.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    That's whut I sed and they ripped me a new one......

That still comes from public funds, so nope. Make the sponsor(s) of the bill pay for it. Personally.

In the short run, budgets are fixed, so you're not going to get any money back one way or the other. Smart gun vs 1 less agent? Some tradeoffs make sense.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Company that makes the "smart" guns has poor sales, call a law/lobby firm and write a check. Law is proposed that would make merchants both buy and offer their products for sale. Depending on how much the check is will depend on how successful the legislation will be. Unlike other institutions, these guys didn't make the check big enough.

Always follow the money

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    They obviously think that, since they can determine what a store CAN'T sell, they can therefore determine what a store MUST sell.

Says nothing about the store SELLING such a firearm; only that one must be available for sale.

Remember, the FFL can deny the sale for pretty much any reason they wish.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Says nothing about the store SELLING such a firearm; only that one must be available for sale.

Remember, the FFL can deny the sale for pretty much any reason they wish.

Nobody wants to stock items that won't sell. Retail is all about dollars per square foot, and taking up display space with something you can't sell costs you money. If we allow this, the gun stores will eventually be forced to stock more and more crap that won't sell eventually forcing them out of business, which although unstated is the likely goal. Your kind is all about incremental destruction of the gun industry in this country; we all know it. You aren't fooling anyone into supporting your anti-gun agenda.

Top Bottom