Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Don't buy the party supplies just yet.

And a big, "Bah! Humbug!" to you as well...:stickpoke:

Why do you think this will go over any better than any of the other suits, e.g. Montana?

You are expecting consistency or something like it from the courts, aren't you...?:ugh:

You two are mean, just mean to suck the hope out of the hopeful, the joy out of those wanting something to celebrate.:faint:

You want to impose a world of reality and laws on those who want to run amok with gleeful smiles waiting for the rainbow that will never end.:lala:

Sheesh...

Maybe President Trump will appoint Sen Ted Cruz to the Supreme Court. That would be pro 2A, right? Maybe...:dunno:

Regards and Happy Thanksgiving,

Doug

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    It seems like every two years these get filed and the gun culture runs around the conference room table only to see everything in flames after a few months.

I understand the sentiment, but these Kentucky Resolutions are less than optimal and bleed time, energy and treasure from more productive endeavors.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Wait. Is it possible at all for something to be legal under state law, yet illegal under federal law?

This sounds like one part drama, one part comity.

:joke:

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Wait. Is it possible at all for something to be legal under state law, yet illegal under federal law?

If you understand the sovereignty of the states, it is completely possible for a state law to be at odds with an overreaching, overbearing, tyrannical centrist government.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    If you understand the sovereignty of the states, it is completely possible for a state law to be at odds with an overreaching, overbearing, tyrannical centrist government.

Interesting.

But, just how would such a federal government enforce such federal laws?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

Interesting.

But, just how would such a federal government enforce such federal laws?

As they`ve done in the past, at places like Waco and Ruby Ridge: with blatant disregard for the Constitution and with overwhelming force.

I guess I should google those. (Congrats on getting to 51 posts, too.)

In the OP, though, the article seems to say they went after him in court, instead of going all Lon Horiuchi on him.

Is that not consistent with the constitution?

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I guess I should google those. (Congrats on getting to 51 posts, too.)

In the OP, though, the article seems to say they went after him in court, instead of going all Lon Horiuchi on him.

Is that not consistent with the constitution?

Well, for starters, you asked a general question, I gave a general answer about how this government has enforced illegal mandates in the past. Secondly, whether even going after someone within the court system is constitutional depends upon the scope of what they`re going after someone for, and how they approach that. But generally, an overbearing, centrist government has their way and imposes their will upon their masters in whatever way they see fit. Including the unlawful use of force.

Top Bottom