• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    As INGO knows Michael Bloomberg spent tens of millions of dollars to place a "Universal Background Check" on the ballot in Nevada. It passed, but barely.

Yesterday the Nevada Attorney General admitted that the ballot measure is a nullity as the measure's language was written by lawyers in New York City that did not have a firm grasp of Nevada and federal law. (The states cannot command the federal government, something Bloomberg's $750/hour lawyers in New York City slept through in Con Law I).

Nevada media reports: http://www.rgj.com/story/news/politics/2016/12/28/nevadas-expansion-gun-checks-blocked/95924384/

The source material: https://www.scribd.com/document/335236577/Read-Nevada-AG-s-opinion-FBI-letter

I give thanks that our enemies are ignorant and stupid. They know nothing of firearms and less of the law.

Enjoy the lamentations of their women! It is best in life.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Bwahahah...

Hhhuhmhmhm...

Ahhh....

Whew.

Had no idea that was going on.

Bwhahahahahah.....

Oh man. That's going to keep a grin on my face all day.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    You know.... I wonder if they'll litigate the AG opinion.

I mean, this is totally a prior work conflict issue, but the attorneys would have to justify the original opinion somehow.

ETA:
    And any litigation would be a similar boondoggle, but I'm not sure that would stop them.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    As INGO knows Michael Bloomberg spent tens of millions of dollars to place a "Universal Background Check" on the ballot in Nevada. It passed, but barely.

Yesterday the Nevada Attorney General admitted that the ballot measure is a nullity as the measure's language was written by lawyers in New York City that did not have a firm grasp of Nevada and federal law. (The states cannot command the federal government, something Bloomberg's $750/hour lawyers in New York City slept through in Con Law I).

Nevada media reports: Nevada's voter-OK'ed gun background checks blocked

The source material: https://www.scribd.com/document/335236577/Read-Nevada-AG-s-opinion-FBI-letter

I give thanks that our enemies are ignorant and stupid. They know nothing of firearms and less of the law.

It is extra sizzle on the steak that it appears the reason they went with the FBI NICS check rather than the state check is that they were trying to hide the cost. Going with a state check would have required them to add a fiscal note showing the impact on the state budget, so they tried to quietly shift the cost to the Feds (or even more stupidly just assume it was "free"). I don't know if the Leg is inclined to fix the problem, but they cannot change the language of a ballot initiative for three years, so they can't just change it to a state check.

Mongol Leader: "Conan! What is better than crushing your enemies?"

Conan: "Seeing your enemies step on it with golf shoes!"

Mongol Leader: "That is better! That is better!"

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    raw

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Laugh now, but keep your powder dry.
    Unfortunately, Mikey and his bastard brigade never sleep, and they never relent.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Maybe John Roberts can come along and tell us how the constitution doesn't matter, as long as the people get what they want.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

The amount of material anti-gunners do NOT understand, could fill a dirigible.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Sadly I think not. The mag ban was to be an emergency measure. Prop 63 is still very much on the go

Okay . . . Prop 63 eliminated the grandfathering of previously possessed magazines that hold more than 10 rounds, so apparently they got what they wanted that way without the administrative regulation. How they intend to confiscate effectively is a mystery to me. I hope most Californians refuse to comply, but we know most will hand them over without question.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Okay . . . Prop 63 eliminated the grandfathering of previously possessed magazines that hold more than 10 rounds, so apparently they got what they wanted that way without the administrative regulation. How they intend to confiscate effectively is a mystery to me. I hope most Californians refuse to comply, but we know most will hand them over without question.

???? Most will comply? I suspect Gun Owners are stubborn lot no matter where they live. Maybe we'll see Connecticut level Civil Disobedience. We're not talking Californians in general...but the gun owning population of California.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County

I read through it and found it interesting...but suspect they'll fix it at some point and try to push it back through. Maybe how narrowly it passed, if they hit it on a non-pres election year, I suspect it wouldn't pass. j

Top Bottom