• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    It is disturbing that a permit is needed to exercise our Constitutional right, but given the circumstances (or stupidity) in places like New York, California or Hawaii, it is necessary to pass this legislation. This is the our best chance to prevent serious legal problems for folks who put legal weapons in checked baggage for flights originating in Indiana or Florida, for example, whose flights are diverted to New York.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I hope I'm not the test case for some place like NY or Chicago because I still had to follow their laws and had a gun that held more than 7 rounds or a gun that wasn't state compliant.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    This is the our best chance to prevent serious legal problems for folks who put legal weapons in checked baggage for flights originating in Indiana or Florida, for example, whose flights are diverted to New York.

OR, for people who want to go to Boston, New York City and want to legally carry.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Well, for what it is, it is better written than prior iterations, IMHO.

It includes language that preempts local laws, although it does allow for private exclusion of CC.

I get the sense that it could create situations where CC is allowed but OC is not.

It also includes a private right of action, which would be important.

I'm still reluctant to see further expansion of federal powers in this area, but strictly as a gun owner, I like where this puts us.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    @ Kirk, Fargo, Hough, et al.,

Does Indiana have "a statute under which residents of the State may apply for a license or permit to carry a concealed firearm"?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Does Indiana have "a statute under which residents of the State may apply for a license or permit to carry a concealed firearm"?

Yes, if you are being inclusive, then yes.

Even if this statute was adopted and someone got cheeky, Indiana's universal recognition statute allows people all over the world to carry in Indiana.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Want to Verify
    I know this is the case with IN sessions ... for some reason drawing a blank on Federal, though I am pretty certain (99.999% like soap)

- Old legislation - proposed bills / items from the past congress session - These are now all dead and must be reintroduced at the starting line, correct?

The mention of Hearing Protection Act - etc reminds me, and I'd prefer to be certain / have confirmation.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I believe it depends on what "kind" of bills they are, but that's generally true. It seems like the Budget Reconciliation vehicle is always alive.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

IMHO yes- though our statutes do not specify concealed, they allow for concealed. Further, concealed carry in public is (generally) illegal without a license. Therefore, the LTCH and statutes creating the same are statutes under which residents may apply for a license to carry a concealed firearm.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Yeah and while we're at it, let's amend it to take SBRs and SBSs off the NFA...and set a stretch goal of killing the Hughes Amendment. :D

And a jet ski, and an American Girl Doll, and a bike, and a unicorn and a . . . .

Focus. Stay on target.

maxresdefault.jpg

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    And a jet ski, and an American Girl Doll, and a bike, and a unicorn and a . . . .

Focus. Stay on target.

Agreed. Stick with getting the registration requirement for silencers removed. (And before you all yell at me about that word, just know that the law calls them silencers.)

Let's get a history of removing items from NFA causing absolutely no problems.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

Focus. Stay on target.

maxresdefault.jpg

As I recall, Pops (the pilot above) was blown out of the sky immediately after this message. Aim small, miss small, I know, but it seems that having those extended goals is kinda like having a wingman to blow the TIE fighter away before he kills you.

:twocents:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    As I recall, Pops (the pilot above) was blown out of the sky immediately after this message. Aim small, miss small, I know, but it seems that having those extended goals is kinda like having a wingman to blow the TIE fighter away before he kills you.

:twocents:

The mission was a success and the Death Star was destroyed.

National Reciprocity is the shot down the ventilation shaft that will cause the chain reaction to destroy gun control.

Running about demanding ponies, puppies and new cars and whatever nonsense people can lop onto a viable bill detracts from the objective and only serves as excuses not to act.

"Well, I would write and send money but because the bill does not give me a pony, I'm going to sit on the couch and let others do the work."

That's unacceptable. Now is the time. It is ours for the taking, let's take it.

Top Bottom