• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    How soon does everyone think we can expect trump to pass some good gun laws? He has been really hammering away at a large list of things he said he would do. Gun laws where in his sights as of campaigning season. Im looking forward to reciprocity. Legalizing full auto would be SOOOO awesome. This might be better in political section move as needed Mods.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    We'll be lucky to get the hearing protection act through; maybe reciprocity. Then, maybe some tweaking at federal facilities and stuff like that.

I'll bet you couldn't get enough NRA A rated republicans to vote for a machine gun bill much less get the democrats to let it survive filibuster. I doubt we'll ever see full autos ever getting off the NFA.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    How soon does everyone think we can expect trump to pass some good gun laws? He has been really hammering away at a large list of things he said he would do. Gun laws where in his sights as of campaigning season. Im looking forward to reciprocity. Legalizing full auto would be SOOOO awesome. This might be better in political section move as needed Mods.

1. The President does not pass laws.

2. If you are looking forward to reciprocity, the death blow to gun control, then you should write your Congressman and Senators.

3 "Legalizing full auto"? I have no idea what you are referencing there.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    1. The President does not pass laws.

2. If you are looking forward to reciprocity, the death blow to gun control, then you should write your Congressman and Senators.

3 "Legalizing full auto"? I have no idea what you are referencing there.

Now Kirk...

You know what he means. He just didn't state it precisely.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I don't know if Indiana is going to get the constitutional carry law passed. I had this in my email today from "Hoosier Carry"

[FONT=&quot]I'm afraid I have bad news...

Representative Ben Smaltz has had Constitutional Carry in his committee for three weeks now and has failed to schedule it for a hearing and a vote.

Unless Representative Ben Smaltz gives HB 1159 a hearing and a vote before the deadline he will be solely responsible for blocking Constitutional Carry in Indiana this year.

Back in 2012 when Representative Ben Smaltz was first running for office, then Candidate Ben Smaltz promised his constituents that:

"As YOUR representative I will not take any action to limit access to the citizens of our great state to the firearms necessary to protect yourself, your family, your property, your state or our nation, period." -- Candidate Ben Smaltz

With such an all-encompassing commitment to his constituents
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]there should be no doubt that a pro-gun bill like Constitutional Carry would get a hearing and a vote in his committee.

After all,​ Constitutional Carry simply removes a limitation that prohibits citizens who can legally possess firearms from carrying them, openly or concealed, for their own protection and the protection of their families.​
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]But, we know from experience that when legislators are given positions of prestige and power their policy positions can start to "evolve."

I hope that is not the case with Rep. Ben Smaltz but a recent comment he made to the Indianapolis Star regarding Constitutional Carry is not encouraging:

"The Indiana Constitution is very clear about a person being able to possess firearms... I think in the past I've just looked at it from a Constitutional basis. But as a chairman, I'm looking at it with new eyes." -- Rep. Ben Smaltz

Representative Ben Smaltz needs to hear from you right away.

Tell him to forget about looking at our gun rights through "new committee chairman eyes" and instead stick to the Constitution.

Gun owners deserve to exercise their Second Amendment rights without having to obtain the state's permission.

If you haven't called already please contact Representative Ben Smaltz right away at 317-232-9620 and urge him to give HB 1159 a hearing and a vote in committee!

Then contact the rest of the committee members and ask them to urge Chairman Smaltz to schedule a hearing for HB 1159 as soon as possible!

The session is already well underway, there is no time to wait.

In Liberty,

Michael Thomas
    Executive Director, Hoosier Carry​

P.S. Representative Ben Smaltz has had Constitutional Carry in his committee for three weeks now and has failed to schedule it for a hearing and a vote.

Please call Representative Ben Smaltz at 317-232-9620 and tell him not to look at our gun rights with "new eyes" and instead stick with the Constitution by scheduling HB 1159 for a hearing and a vote right away.

Then contact the other members of the Public Policy committee listed below, ask them to urge Ben Smaltz to schedule a hearing for HB 1159 right away:

Rep. Timothy Wesco (R) - HD 21
    317-232-9674

Rep. Ed Clere (R) - HD 72
    317-232-9863

Rep. Sean Eberhart (R) - HD 57
    317-232-9793

Rep. Todd Huston (R) - HD 37
    317-232-9850

Rep. Chris Judy (R) - HD 83
    317-232-9619

Rep. Matthew Lehman (R) - HD 79
    317-232-9677

Rep. Jim Lucas (R) - HD 69
    317-234-9499

Rep. Peggy Mayfield (R) - HD 60
    317-232-9769

Rep. Phillip GiaQuinta (D) - HD 80
    800-382-9842

Rep. Terri Jo Austin (D) - HD 36
    800-382-9842
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] Rep. Charlie Brown (D) - HD 3
    800-382-9842

Rep Vanessa Summers​ (D) - HD 99
    800-382-9842
    [/FONT]

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    ALL HANDS ON DECK!!! ALL HANDS ON DECK!!! ALL HANDS ON DECK!!!
    To help HB1159 move forward, people have to CONTACT YOUR LOCAL POLICE CHIEF AND SHERIFF and ask them to support HB1159 and PLEASE CONTACT THEIR ASSOCIATION REPRESENTATIVE to SUPPORT HB1159. People need to HAVE ALL OF THEIR FRIENDS CONTACT YOUR LOCAL POLICE CHIEF AND SHERIFF and ask them to support HB1159 and PLEASE CONTACT THEIR ASSOCIATION REPRESENTATIVE to SUPPORT HB1159.
    Rep. Smaltz and Lucas are getting things lined up, but if the police groups come out against it, as they are leaning, THE BILL WILL NOT HAVE A CHANCE. This is the current obstacle!!!
    Also, write letters to your local newspaper and tell to explain what this bill does and does not do. It DOES NOT allow prohibited people from carrying and it has nothing to do with actually GETTING a gun, those are the two biggest misconceptions of this bill.

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    We all realize Kirk that u like to exact but in plain English that every day people talk not legalize all my Q where pretty straight forward. Full autos are for all intents illegal for average working citizens. None of us can cough up that much money for a gun. And as for him passing laws I think he can enforce already written laws like maybe the 2nd Amendment. Is it not legal to use executive orders to pick and choose which laws get enforced? Can he enforce the "right to carry"?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    We all realize Kirk that u like to exact but in plain English that every day people talk not legalize all my Q where pretty straight forward. Full autos are for all intents illegal for average working citizens. None of us can cough up that much money for a gun. And as for him passing laws I think he can enforce already written laws like maybe the 2nd Amendment. Is it not legal to use executive orders to pick and choose which laws get enforced? Can he enforce the "right to carry"?

Dos, sorry but I am really lost as to this "full auto" talk. Machine guns are expensive because of Black Tuesday which froze the number of machine guns in the supply and thus allowed prices to skyrocket.

I am unaware of any proposals to overturn the Hughes freeze. Is this something you heard in a gun store?

Trump cannot enforce the "right to carry" as there is no enabling legislation that would allow this. Trump can urge Congress to act, but the focus should be on urging Congress to act and donating to the NRA-ILA to ensure our efforts are well-supplied.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    To help HB1159 move forward, people have to CONTACT YOUR LOCAL POLICE CHIEF AND SHERIFF and ask them to support HB1159 and PLEASE CONTACT THEIR ASSOCIATION REPRESENTATIVE to SUPPORT HB1159. People need to HAVE ALL OF THEIR FRIENDS CONTACT YOUR LOCAL POLICE CHIEF AND SHERIFF and ask them to support HB1159 and PLEASE CONTACT THEIR ASSOCIATION REPRESENTATIVE to SUPPORT HB1159.
    Rep. Smaltz and Lucas are getting things lined up, but if the police groups come out against it, as they are leaning, THE BILL WILL NOT HAVE A CHANCE. This is the current obstacle!!!
    Also, write letters to your local newspaper and tell to explain what this bill does and does not do. It DOES NOT allow prohibited people from carrying and it has nothing to do with actually GETTING a gun, those are the two biggest misconceptions of this bill.

Write your Sheriff. Write your police chief.

Urge your buddies and family to do the same.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I'm working on my Lawrence county sheriff, Mike Branham. He asked a couple questions, one of which I felt comfortable in answering plus I referred him to Guy Relford's excellent article. The second regards funding. He said his department relies on that money to fund stuff for his department. I explained that the licenses will not go away and that people will still seek them for reciprocity. But I can imagine the demand will decline to one extent or the other. Do you have a better answer for him? [strike]If you have Jim Lucas' email address, that would be helpful too.[/strike]

Got the email address.

Last edited:

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013

Trump doesn't pass laws, he signs them (or vetos them). The question you are asking is really "when will congress possibly consider and pass/reject new gun laws?". I'm not really sure, but if anything is going to happen in relation to gun laws, it probably wont be long.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    This is rediculous. I cant believe republicans would hold this up. Its always the democtats who try to strip our rifhts away. If this isnt passed or even let out of committee i hope the NRA gives F's to everyone who stopped it

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    like Marriage and drivers reciprocity.
    they are not in the first 10 amendments of Constitutional rights.
    The right to bare arms is but we do not have the same rights

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    All I know is that new laws don't matter because the old laws are an affront to personal liberty and dignity and are, therefore, invalid.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom